Lower Key Stage 2 Class Teacher At Banda School
Lower Key Stage 2 Class Teacher At Banda School 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
A leading independent school in Kenya offering an outstanding educational experience to children aged between 2 and 13 years. B – To provide a Broad and Balanced educational experience that will ensure the development of the whole child. A – To encourage an Ambition to excel – in all areas of school life. N – To create a Nurturing environment so that each child feels safe to face new challenges. D -To Develop enquiring minds, self-confidence and a range of skills to enable pupils to become independent learners. A – To promote Acceptance of all, thereby preparing pupils for their future as global citizens.
The post holder will report to the Head of Lower School and will be accountable to the Headmistress.
- To take responsibility for planning and implementing appropriate work programmes for all pupils in the designated class, within the framework of national and school policies.
- To support and drive the ethos, aims and values of the school
- To maintain and use assessment records and report on pupils’ progress to staff, and to parents and carers, in accordance with school policy.
- To manage a Teaching Assistant within the classroom.
- To plan work for the class in accordance with national and curriculum policies and in cooperation with Heads of Department and Head Teacher, to ensure that the pupils experience a broad, balanced, relevant and stimulating curriculum relevant to their age.
- To follow and implement school policies and procedures.
- To ensure that the learning experience matches the individual needs of the pupils in your class – giving each child an opportunity to achieve to the best of his/her capability.
- To evaluate your teaching and use this evaluation to improve and develop teaching strategies.
- To make appropriate educational provision for pupils with learning difficulties and for those children with EAL, with support from The Banda’s Learning Support Department.
- To create a secure, happy and stimulating environment, maintaining the highest standards of organisation and discipline.
- To provide well-planned, creative and engaging learning experiences for pupils.
- To maintain a high standard of display and a stimulating environment, in the classroom and in other areas of the school.
- To play an active role in the general life of the school.
- To work closely with colleagues and to provide short, long and medium term plans.
- To assess pupil’s progress, maintain records and provide regular written reports to parents.
- To communicate regularly and effectively to parents about pupil’s progress and attainment in a positive, professional and polite manner.
- To ensure that the School’s aims and objectives in relation to the curriculum, equal opportunities and behaviour are promoted in everyday classroom organisation and practice.
- To be committed to the School’s Continuing Professional Development programme.
- To undertake required duties and attend regular staff meetings and INSETS, before, during and after school hours when required.
- To assist, where necessary, in extra-curricular sporting, dramatic and musical events and activities.
- To take reasonable care of school equipment, both on and off school premises.
- To organise and take pupils on field trips in a safe and secure manner, in accordance with school policies.
- To liaise with colleagues from Key Stage 1, the Upper School and Learning Support Department.
- To ensure confidentiality concerning pupils, parents, colleagues and school business.
- To maintain professional levels of conduct and adhere to the School’s Code of Conduct for staff.
The Key Stage 2 Teacher needs to:
- Be a fully qualified teacher with Key Stage 2 training and experience.
- Have experience of working in British Curriculum schools.
- Be able to build good relationships with pupils, parents and families.
- Be able to build good relationships with colleagues.
- Be able to create a stimulating and engaging learning environment.
- Be able to use initiative, show flexibility and be adaptable.
- Be pro-active as a part of The Banda School staff team and possess the desire to be fully involved in all aspects of life in a leading preparatory school.
- Be punctual and use preparation time appropriately.
- Be a good communicator with adults and children.
- Show good organisational skills.
- Show a competent level of written English.
- Be able to use ICT in teaching. Familiarity with using interactive screens and iPads is an advantage.
- Present a clean Certificate of Good Conduct or International Child Protection Certificate (ICPC).
- Safeguard and promote the welfare of the pupils.
- Keep up to date with educational developments in UK.
- Be a motivator.
Closing Date : 14th May, 2021