Livelihoods Assistant – Permaculture At Danish Refugee Council
Livelihoods Assistant – Permaculture At Danish Refugee Council 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Overall Purpose of the Role:
The Livelihoods Assistant is responsible for supporting DRC’s Resilience Coordinator to develop, implementation and monitoring of permaculture intervention in Imvepi refugee settlement. The assistant will be instrumental in training and advising households on matters related to permaculture, household gardens, agroforestry and household energy production.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Support DRC’s Resilience Coordinator to conduct needs assessments
• Beneficiary identification, registration and selection for permaculture activities
• Training and advising households on matters related to household-level vegetable production
• Planning and management of household permaculture demonstration plots
• Report household and project progress against work plans on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
• Embrace innovative ways to applying permaculture at the household level
• Capacity building for households on post-harvest processing, including storage and packaging
• Facilitate in the distribution of tools and inputs to project beneficiaries
• Take part in budget monitoring and tracking of expenditure on agricultural activities
• Prepare and apply appropriate tools to be used for monitoring and reporting on beneficiary progress
• Document success stories and project milestones as well as best practices
• Any other assignment by the supervisor, including preparation of logistic, procurement and finance requirements.
Experience and Technical Competencies:
• Minimum 2 years’ experience setting up and implementing permaculture projects preferably with an NGO in a refugee/IDP setting.
• Good facilitation skills especially in vegetable production
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team; well organized, and able to prioritize multiple tasks
• Working knowledge of MS Office and other relevant computer applications
• Able to adapt to changing program priorities and emergency priorities that may arise
• Strong self-starter, able to take initiatives.
• Good planning and organizational skills coupled with problem solving capabilities
• Hands-on community mobilization skills
• Preferably Degree in Agriculture or Agri-economics or any other related field. Knowledge in perma-garden will be an added advantage