Library Assistant 1 PositionKenya Defence Forces
The Kenya Defence Forces are the armed forces of the Republic of Kenya. The Kenya Army, Kenya Navy, and Kenya Air Force comprise the national Defence Forces. The current Kenya Defence Forces were established, and its composition laid out, in Article 241 of the 2010 Constitution of Kenya; the KDF is governed by the Kenya Defence Forces Act of 2012.
CSG 13 – (ADVERT 9/2020)
House Allowance: Depending on the area of deployment
Commuter Allowance: Ksh 4,000
Leave Allowance: (Once yearly) Ksh 4,000
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable.
This will be the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will be responsible for:
- receiving, stamping and recording of incoming information/materials, books/documents and publications; shelving, charging and discharging Library materials;
- pasting date due to labels; and ensuring compliance with stipulated due dates; preparing file pockets; spiral labelling; book jackets and press cuttings.
For an appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Examination (KCSE) mean grade C- (Minus) or recognized equivalent qualification with at least a C- in either Mathematics, English or Kiswahili;
- Certificate in Library or Information Studies or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution; and
- Proficiency in computer applications