Librarian At Zetech University
Librarian At Zetech University 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Zetech University is the premier university for the education of Technology, Science and Business oriented global leaders, offering an exceptional learning experience to thousands of youth from Kenya and beyond.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Deputy Vice Chancellor, the position holder will be among others be responsible for:
- Research and gather requirements for development of new digital initiatives and technology solutions for library services and provide support and instruction to library and other staff in the implementation, development and use of digital information sources, applications and equipment;
- Play a key role in the process of identifying, procuring and managing the next generation of print and
- E-Resources in line with the university strategy and teaching and learning developments;
- Monitor availability and accessibility, to ensure that the full range of subscribed E-resources are available to users, both on and off campus and work with service providers and suppliers to resolve any access and availability issues;
- Working as a member of the Library Management team, advice senior colleagues on matters relating to the application of emerging library trends, by identifying and implementing new approaches and best practice in the management of the library;
- Budgeting and managing the library budget ensuring proper utilization and accountability of funds.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Masters’ degree in Library and Information studies from a recognized university.
- A minimum of five years’ experience as a Librarian in a university.
- Knowledge KOHA, Library accreditation requirements, and online subscription and usage.
- Must be computer literate and familiar with KLISC.
- Good customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and planning Skills.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.