Lecturers At Kenya Methodist University (kemu)
Lecturers At Kenya Methodist University (kemu) 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Kenya Methodist University (KeMU) is a Chartered Private Christian Institution of higher learning which aims to contribute to the transformation of our society by providing high quality education that promotes excellence in scholarship, research and selfless service to the community.
We would wish to invite qualified applicants for the position of Legal Officer. This position reports to the Deputy Vice Chancellor Finance and Administration and is responsible for legal matters in the University.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Preparation of legal opinions and offering guidance on legal matters
- iMonitoring compliance with the legal and regulatory framework
- iReviewing, drafting, negotiating, securing and administering Licenses, Agreements and Contracts for which the University may be involved in.
- Safeguarding the University from possible litigation by offering legal counsel to the University Management and staff
- Coordinating the representation of the University in courts in the event of litigations
- Facilitating dispute resolution process between various Departments and Units in the University
- Provision and handling of all in-house legal matters of the University
- Preparation of staff and students’ indemnities
- Formulation of statutes that govern the conduct of discipline of staff and students from time to time as may be deemed necessary
- Preparation of updates to the management in relation to reviews and interpretations of University statutes
- Formulation and guidance on the preparation of documents such as Memoranda of Understanding and Collaboration agreements between the University and external parties
- Crafting charges for staff and students violating regulations governing conduct and discipline in the University
- Ensuring that the University adheres to the laid down procedures and regulations in employment matters, disciplinary measures and any other matter which has legal implications
- Conducting any other lawful duty as assigned by the immediate supervisor, the Vice Chancellor or other relevant authority.
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s degree ¡n Law (LLB) from a recognized University
- Must be an advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a current practicing certificate
- iBe a member of the LSK with good standing
- Have at least five (5) years’ experience handling legal matters in a large and reputable organization with experience in civil and criminal litigation, commercial law, labour law, insurance and conveyance
- Must be conversant with the Public Procurement and Disposal Act and Regulations and all labour laws
- Have experience in contract negotiations and drafting
- Demonstrate high degree of professional competence in legal work and administrative capability in work performance and results
- Be a person of outstanding honesty and integrity with high moral and ethical values.
Increase your chances of landing this job by tailoring your Resume to fit this job requirements. Request for a Resume HERE at a LIMITED OFFER of Ksh. 700/=OR CALL/TEXT/WHATSAPP 0702068282