Leading Jobs At Marie Stopes
Leading Jobs At Marie Stopes 1 PositionMarie Stopes
Operational Research Consultancy
Marie Stopes International is an international non-governmental organisation providing contraception and safe abortion services in 37 countries around the world.
Reporting to Evidence to Action Manager Budget
MSK centre channel is at the core of MSK’s service delivery. Currently MSK has 20 centres across the country in the following counties: Nairobi, Kisumu, Mombasa, Kilifi (Malindi), Meru, Laikipia (Nanyuki), Nyeri, Kakamega, Kisii, TransNzoia (Kitale), Kericho, Kiambu (Thika) , Kajiado (Rongai), Nakuru (Nakuru town, Naivasha). MSK centres are uniquely placed to provide MSK’s services directly to the client, how and when he or she needs them. Centre provide welcoming, calm and non-judgemental services. While some centres might provide subsidised services, the overall channel needs to cover all direct and apportioned costs. MSK is working towards positioning itself for the long-term within changing health markets, so it can continue to serve its clients. MSK is implementing a number of supply side interventions to ensure it grows a sustainable health market. MSK seeks to conduct a number of operational research in its centre channel to support supply side interventions intended to grow a sustainable health market. MSK seeks to engage two consultants to lead design and implementation of two operational research studies in its centre channel
Terms Of Reference (Tor) The overall objective of research projects is as follows:
Research project one objectives:
- Determine what additional services MSK clients want to access at MSK centres.
- Determine how much MSK clients are willing to pay for selected MSK services and service
Research project 2 objective:
Map out the decision-making pathway among MSK clients seeking a range of sexual and reproductive health services.
Scope of work
The consultants will undertake the following key roles and responsibilities:
- Develop a research proposal
- Develop data collection tools 3. Lead recruitment of data collectors 4. Lead training of data collectors and data collection 5. Lead data analysis 6. Prepare a research report
Knowledge skills and attitude
Qualifications: Master’s Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology or Biostatistics
- At least 2 year working in Research or Monitoring and Evaluation field required, ideally within the Reproductive Health sector.
- Experience working for I/NGO’s in health-related fields required
- Experience in coordinating and conducting training, fieldwork and logistics for research and monitoring projects.
- Have a good understanding of and exposure to statistical software e.g. SPSS, R or STATA, and proficient in Microsoft office programme.
- Experience in conducting both quantitative and qualitative research
LOGISTICS The Consultants are required to have a laptop. For Project one, the consultant must have
Operational Research Consultancy – July 2020
access to SPSS or STATA, and preferably ATLAS or other qualitative analysis software. For project two, access to ATLAS is desirable but not mandatory.
CODE OF CONDUCT:
Client confidentiality It will be the responsibility of Marie Stopes Kenya to ensure that study documents and collected information is kept confidential, safe and secure. The consultancy will be required to adhere to the confidentiality and privacy guidelines stipulated by Marie Stopes Kenya.
Adult & child safeguarding policy The consultancy will be required to adhere to the adult and child safeguarding policies followed by Marie Stopes Kenya. Our commitment is to:
- Safeguard clients (including children): by actively identifying clients who may be vulnerable and at risk of significant harm, by preventing intentional or unintentional harm, abuse, and exploitation within MSI operations, and promptly responding, if harm or abuse occurs.
- Safeguard MSI People: by promoting a safe working environment and by avoiding situations and behaviours which may be misinterpreted and potentially lead to false allegations against team members.
- Safeguard MSI: by demonstrating a genuine commitment to safeguarding all our clients, our team members, and preventing cases of abuse happening, which may tarnish MSI’s reputation and affect its ability to continue work and receive funding.
Each consultancy is for a maximum of 90 working days.
CONTRACT PAYMENT TERMS:
Proposals are invited based on these Terms of Reference outline in this document. Bidders are invited to note that, if awarded the contract, payment terms will be subjected to negotiation. Payments will be made upon successful completion of the deliverables and submission of invoices. The payment schedule for the work shall be as follows: 1. 30% of the budget will be paid upon submission of the research proposal and tools 2. 30% of the budget will be paid upon successful completion of data collection 3. 40% of the budget will be paid upon delivery of a cleaned dataset and the research
Marie Stopes Kenya reserves the right to withhold all or a portion of payment if performance is unsatisfactory or if work/outputs are not achieved.