Leading Jobs At Apa Insurance
Leading Jobs At Apa Insurance 1 PositionAPA Life Assurance Company Ltd
Chief Of Staff
Apollo Group (Apollo Investments Limited)was an idea born from the need to harness synergies across the insurance business. Built on commitment, integrity and innovation, it has risen to be one of the leading financial groups in East Africa. Apollo Investments Limited (AIL) includes APA Insurance (Kenya and Uganda).
This role will be responsible for key business insights and accountability mechanisms, ensuring that business operations are delivering to plan. The position is a highly influential and visible role combining strategic planning, business management, and process improvement.
The Chief of Staff is the CEO’s partner in preparing the company’s short-term and long-term strategic roadmap and enabling the management teamto deliver on expected results. This individual acts as a liaison between the CEO and his direct-reporting management team.
KEY PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide project management oversight and guidance to projects of high importance and will lead key strategic cross-functional and transformational projects.
- Build and regularly update the company’s strategic plan, and meet regularly with executives to cascade down goals throughout the organization.
- Manage the agenda for the management team, including management meetings and off-sites, and ensure communication and coordination between teams is as efficient as possible.
- Formulate, implement and communicate key business metrics for reporting to CEO and Board of Directors.
- Support the CEO in executive communications, both internally and externally. Manage and develop the content and communication for presentations in concert with PR and Marketing teams.
- Interact across multiple functional areas to significantly increase interdepartmental efficiencies
- Align execution to goals, remove roadblocks, perform analysis and gather research to facilitate faster decision-making, and ensure communication and reporting are happening smoothly and consistently.
- Follow up with managers across organization on important next steps coming out of CEO’s meetings.
- Identify, document, and follow-up on key management issues and factors blocking decisions, and help drive their closure to ensure overall productivity of company.
- Monitor business processes and lead change management where necessary to improve process efficiency.
- Perform strategic consulting (analytics, research, consumer insights) to make decisions.
- Ensure regular, consistent reporting and updates from executives and other managers, facilitating communication across the organization.
- Contribute to business-wide strategic planning and strategy development for the whole Group as a member of the EXCO
- Develop and maintain relationships with key business stakeholders (board members, management team, regulatory bodies)
- Participate in development of Group policies, systems and processes as a member of the Group EXCO
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred or similar experience
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Strong personal drive and self-motivation
- Creativity in solving problems and generating innovative solutions
- Deep aptitude for numbers
- Strong business acumen, financial skills, and analytical abilities, including strong Excel modeling skills
- Well-honed written, verbal and creative communication skills
- Project Management is desirable
- Ability to operate at senior levels of the company, develop strategic analysis that sways decision makers, and build successful relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally to help drive results.
- Strong project management (PM) skills: ability to drive multiple high profile projects, effectively leverage all resources to drive results & create excellent processes.
- Ability to operate in an ambiguous environment, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to understand complex business, product strategies, develop strategic frameworks as well as translate key themes and tactics into understandable, executable components and messages
- Ability to translate insight into content, create slide or written presentations, create overall communication plans