Latest Job Vacancy At Unhcr. Apply Now!!
Latest Job Vacancy At Unhcr. Apply Now!! 1 PositionUnited Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
Associate at UNHCR August, 2020
UNHCR Field Office Kibondo invites qualified internal and external candidates to apply for the following position:
Community-based Protection Associate(KBO/VA/2020/008)-Tanzanian Nationals Only
Vacancy Notice No: KBO/VA/2020/008
Position Title: Community-based Protection Associate
Category/Grade: General Service, GL6
Type of Appointment: Temporary Appointment (TA)-Maternity leave replacement
Remuneration: Attractive salary (G6) and entitlements according to UN Staff Rules and Regulations
Duty Station: Kibondo, Tanzania
Duration: 04 months
Start date: 01 October 2020
Closing Date: 10 September 2020
The Community-Based Protection Associate is a member of the Protection Unit and may report to the Protection Officer, Community-Based Protection Officer, or another more senior staff member in the Protection Unit. Under the overall direction of the Protection Unit, and in coordination with other UNHCR staff, government, NGO partners and other stakeholders, the Community-Based Protection Associate works directly with communities of concern to identify the risks they face and to leverage their capacities to protect themselves, their families and communities. The incumbent may have direct supervisory responsibility for part of the protection and/or support staff and supports the application of community-based protection standards, operational procedures and practices in community-based protection delivery at the field level. To fulfil this role, the Community-Based Protection Associate is required to spend a substantial percentage of the workday outside the office, building and maintaining networks within communities of PoC. The development and maintenance of constructive relationships with PoC that measurably impact and enhance protection planning, programming and results, form the core of the work of the incumbent. S/he also supports the designing of a community-based protection strategy by ensuring that it is based on consultation with PoC.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR’s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Assist functional units, the Multi-Functional Team (MFT) and senior management to integrate participatory and community-based approaches in the overall protection strategy and operational procedures.
- Through relationships with PoC and network of partners, stay abreast of political, social, economic and cultural developments that have an impact on the protection environment and provide advice to the protection team. Understand the perspectives, capacities, needs and resources of the PoC and advise the protection team accordingly, highlighting the specific protection needs of women and men, children, youth and older persons, persons with disabilities, marginalized groups.
- Work with host communities to identify opportunities for national civil society involvement in improving the protection of PoC.
- Work with implementing and operational partners as well as with displaced and local communities to develop community-owned activities to address, where applicable, the social, educational, psycho-social, cultural, health, organisational and livelihood concerns as well as child protection and prevention and response to SGBV.
- Assist in the analysis that identifies the capacities of communities of concern and risks they face.
- Support participatory assessments by multifunctional teams and ongoing consultation with PoC.
- Assist in planning and monitoring of programmes and budgets, with an AGD perspective
- Build office capacity for community-based protection through training and establishing systems for community mobilization and participation of PoC.
- Support communities in establishing representation and coordination structures.
- Ensure community understanding of UNHCR’s commitment to deliver on accountability and quality assurance in its response.
- Act as an interpreter in exchange of routine information, contribute to related liaison activities and respond directly to routine queries.
- Contribute to the enforcement of participatory AGD sensitive analysis as an essential basis for all of UNHCR’s work.
- Initiate AGD sensitive interventions at the appropriate level on community-based protection issues and to respond to protection concerns and incidents within the office, with external interlocutors, groups and individuals based on agreed parameters.
- Identify and select which individuals or groups to prioritize for counselling and field visits based on agreed criteria.
- Intervene with authorities on protection.
- Enforce compliance of implementing partners with global protection policies and standards of professional integrity in the delivery of protection services.
- Recommend and prepare payments to individual
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
- 3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma, or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher.
- English language is essential for the work of the post.
- Another UN language and good knowledge of the local language is an asset.
Relevant Job Experience
Experience of working in humanitarian programmes in the role which required day-to-day engagement with multiple implementing partners.
UNHCR learning programmes (PLP). Knowledge of MSRP.
*IT-MS Office Applications
IT-Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
UN-UN/UNHCR Administrative Rules, Regulations and Procedures
UN-UN/UNHCR Financial Rules and Regulations and Procedures
PR-Community-based Protection – Principles and methodologies
CL-Multi-stakeholder Communications with Partners, Government & Community
PG-Experience with coordinating with Implementing Partners (Government/INGO/Corporate)
Vacancies in NGO, Community & Social DevtView and Apply
No featured Employer yet. Please check back later.