Kericho County Is Looking To Hire!! Don't Miss Out To Apply.
Kericho County Is Looking To Hire!! Don't Miss Out To Apply. 1 PositionKericho County
Livestock Production Officer
Livestock Production Officer Job, Agricultural Jobs In Kenya July, County Government Jobs in Kenya 2020,
The Kericho County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent, self-driven, experienced and qualified staff to fill the following positions in the county public service pursuant to Article 176 of the Constitution of Kenya and County Governments Act No.17 of 2012
LIVESTOCK PRODUCTION OFFICER, J/G K – 2 POSTS
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. An Officer at this level will work under the guidance of a Senior Officer.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:-
- Preparing livestock technical information
- Providing technical advice in animal production, livestock marketing, range management, agriculture, and ranching; promoting economic livestock farming
- Participating in organizing extension activities which include field days, agricultural shows, field demonstrations, farmer field schools and farm visits
- Participating in collaborative research activities
- Disseminating livestock production technologies such as construction of livestock housing and structures, milk production, pasture
- and fodder production and conservation, farm planning, gross margin analysis, on-farm feed formulation
- Implementing livestock production programmes/projects in such areas as dairy cattle farming, beef cattle, sheep, goats, pigs,
- poultry, rabbits, camels, donkeys breeding programmes, fodder production and conservation, value addition to livestock products, agriculture, emerging livestock and other animal husbandry interventions
- Capturing, maintaining and storing livestock data.
For appointment to this grade, candidates must have:-
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Animal Science, Animal Production, Agriculture, Agribusiness, Range Management, Natural Resource Management, Livestock/Agricultural Economics, Dairy Technology, or Agricultural Education and Extension from a recognized Institution;
- Certificate in computer applications.