Job Vacancies At Busara Center
Job Vacancies At Busara Center 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Short Term Consultants, Data Science & Statistics
The Busara Center for Behavioral Economics is an advisory and research organization focused on evaluation and implementation of behavioral interventions in understudied countries and populations. Busara's mission is to work with researchers and organizations to advance and apply behavioral science in pursuit of poverty alleviation.
Consultants will need to meet the following technical requirements:
- At least 3 years’ experience in full-time use of R.
- Experience in tackling machine learning problems in the areas of: classification, clustering, and prediction.
- Working knowledge of analysing results of experiments such as A/B testing.
- At least 3 years’ of working experience in the areas of Data Science, Data Analytics, and/or Statistics post-university.
- Have completed undergraduate studies with at least a second class honours degree in: Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics or relevant fields.
- Experience with Survey CTO, ODK, or an equivalent survey tool is an added advantage.
- Clear communicator both orally and written. Able to present technical information visually and in layman terms.
- Able to quickly grasp project needs and identify appropriate deliverables that meet project objectives.
- Ability to identify opportunities and use cases where advanced analytics can be applied.
- Excellent collaborator requiring minimal follow-up.
- Able to take ownership of deliverables and provide scientific or rational justification for approaches taken.
- Keen eye for detail without losing the “big picture” in terms of project objectives.
Interested consultants are invited to submit the following:
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Link to Github profile (optional)
- Examples or descriptions of past work done (attach as cover letter)
- All inclusive monthly rate for consulting services valid for 1 year – in Kenya Shillings or USD.
- Academic and professional certificates will be requested of pre-qualified consultants
Consultants will be pre-qualified to provide services in the areas identified and thereafter be engaged on a need-basis. Individual consultants with academic or research backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
These are NOT full-time positions and will NOT translate into full-time employment at Busara.