Job Opportunities At Movit Products Limited
Job Opportunities At Movit Products Limited 1 PositionMovit Products Limited
Movit Products Limited (MPL), the leading Quality Cosmetics Manufacturing Company in Africa with operations in Uganda, is seeking to recruit highly competent, motivated and professional individuals to ﬁll the position of Shift Utilities Technician
Shift Utilities Technician will be responsible for operating of the Utility area according to work instructions, monitoring of utility equipment condition / performance and carrying out of routine maintenance and repair or refurbish equipment
Report To: Asst. Mechanical Engineer .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Operating equipment in the utility area according to the work instructions and adhering to usage standards.
• Carrying out the required quality checks as described in the quality control and analyses work practice.
• Recording waste on the appropriate documentation or information systems, and reviewing waste trends to identify problems or opportunities timeously.
• Constantly reviewing process performance of utility equipment against target, and completing all short interval control documentation.
• Responding rapidly to problems that result in stoppages. Appropriate problem-solving approaches, as detailed in the problem-solving work practice must be followed,
• Performing housekeeping tasks, applying 4s principles and following safe work practices, Unsafe work practices must be identified and corrected.
• Carry out in-depth cleaning, lubrication and inspection of machines according to the work instructions, and following the schedules supplied by the maintenance planner.
• Carrying out routine maintenance activities according to the maintenance schedule.
• Taking part in maintenance post mortems
• Take the leading role during major overhauls and major services
• Carry out all administrative functions as required by SAP work practices for executing
• Identify Potential hazardous practices and conditions and initiate appropriate actions to prevent accidents.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Minimum requirement: Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
• 3 years as engineering artisan in utility environment
• Agile in thinking and good decision making
• Adept at discerning and balancing the most important priorities (simplifies complexity)
• Simplifies the decision-making process for self and others
• Efficiently applies rigor and operating discipline to ensure decisions are made on a timely basis
• Proven ability to foresee and take action against potential risks to the business/system as a whole