International Rescue Committee Is Hiring Now!! Apply!!!
International Rescue Committee Is Hiring Now!! Apply!!! 1 PositionInternational Rescue Committee
Requisition ID: req9273
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kibondo, Tanzania
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC has been providing education services for Congolese and Burundian girls and boys in the Nyarugusu Refugee Camp since January 2014 and extended education services to Mtendeli and Nduta refugee camps in January 2020. Services cover the full education spectrum from pre-school, through primary and secondary school, Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET), and tertiary education applications. Schools follow the country of origin national curriculum (Burundian and Congolese).
Scope of Work:
The IRC is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to carry out M&E activities for the Education project in Kibondo at Nduta Refugee Camp. He/She will be responsible in leading the enrollment at a camp level, generating report, sharing data with the education team, reviewing monthly reports with focus on current and to correct data. He/She will also be responsible to respond on data request by education team upon request, participate on training and capture pre- and post-test data for reporting and determination of activity impact. The M&E Officer will work with a team of M&E officers to ensure all M&E activities are carried out in a timely manner. The incumbent will support the refugee incentive Education Community Outreach workers, Head teachers, inspectors and Coordinators in managing their time and activities effectively and building their capacity, where possible. The M&E Officer will represent the IRC education team in relevant camp based stakeholders meetings. This post holder will facilitate collaboration and working closely with other M&E staff and program staff within IRC in creating and maintaining a robust M&E system of the Tanzania country programs.
This position will report to the M&E Manager and work in close collaboration with the Education Manager.
- Under guidance of the M&E Manager, support preparation and implementation of baseline, midline, end-line assessments, including tool development and identification of gaps.
- The Education M&E Officer, shall support the education programme team to realise their quality data and reporting, including reminding them on what has been planned but not implemented as per the work plan and Logframe indicators.
- Conduct regular school monitoring visits for data verification and ensure all real time data is correctly collected using the appropriate tools.
- Ensure that all data collected in schools is in line with quality standards for education program
- Work closely with head teachers, school inspectors, Incentive Coordinators and education officers to ensure that the correct monitoring tools are being used.
- Ensure quality standards and processes for data and information generated from the Education program are met.
- To make sure that any data collected is analysed and feedback given for improved programming or school management
- Ensure that key indicators are tracked across the programmes/ projects and camps and consolidated on a monthly basis and report shared to programme staff.
- Contribute to submission of high quality reports as needed by reviewing data shared in the reports by programme Officers.
- Ensure client feedback is regularly captured and documented in the feedback logbook and other established mechanisms.
- Work closely with M&E Manager in strengthening the IRC Tanzania country programme M&E system and roll out comprehensive M&E plans, aligned to IRC’s Monitoring for Action (MfA) framework, with corresponding data collection and analysis tools aligned with agreed work plans, the log frame, and performance indicators.
- Follow and abide to the reporting calendar and ensure timely submission of IRC and donor reports and indicators data.
- Plan and deliver programme staff capacity building activites as per the gaps/ need established.
- Report any violations of IRC’s three core values (Integrity, Service and Accountability) as per IRC WAY reporting mechanism. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the part of all staff members.
- Participate in design of data collection tools
- Conduct regular data quality checks, suggest improvements where necessary.
- Conduct data analysis to inform programme implementation and to contribute to wider organizational activity trends.
- Ensure proper management and storage of data.
- Protect confidentiality of records and information used during data entry.
- Work with Education M&E Officers to ensure that the education database is kept up to date at all times.
- Conduct regular data verification exercises.
- Support implementation of annual student enrollment programmes, including data verification and entry.
- Respond to data queries from programme staff, IPs and general stakeholders
Representation and Partnership
- Support coordination and participation in monthly Camp Based Education Working Group meetings, providing minutes to the regional Education Working Group.
- Ensure all education projects are integrated and coordinated with other IRC sectors.
- Participate in programme review meetings, providing appropriate data.
- Participate in Joint activities like monitoring, reviews, study, evaluations, assessments and others with other partners, stakeholders and donors.
- Bachelor Degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Project Management and Evaluations or a Post graduate Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation from any recognized accredited University.
- At least One year of working experience in Monitoring and Evaluation in International NGOs or Humanitarian organization.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies
- A commitment to IRC’s mission and humanitarian principles.
- Receptive to building and maintaining positive relationships with people from all backgrounds, genders, cultures and viewpoints.
- Experience working with refugee communities desirable.
- Knowledge of Education M&E, in particular Education Management Information Systems.
- Experience working with children, preferably facilitating age appropriate focus group discussions and/or interviews.
- Experience in planning and delivering training.
- Experience in development of age appropriate data collection tools is a plus.
- Understanding of data analysis software (SPSS or similar).
- Experience in community mobilisation and coordination.
- Highly collaborative and consultative approach.
- Good IT skills: knowledge of MS Word; Excel and Outlook required
- Swahili and good English written and oral skills required. French and Kirundi a plus.
Qualified women and people with disability are encouraged to apply.
Please submit your application through our recruitment portal before 25th June, 2020.
No featured Employer yet. Please check back later.