International Accountant -donor Compliance At Tear Fund International
International Accountant -donor Compliance At Tear Fund International 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Tearfund is a Christian charity called to follow Jesus wherever the need is greatest We work tirelessly to help communities around the world escape the very worst effects of poverty and disaster. And we believe that the same people facing these troubles, also have the best idea as to how they can overcome them. Tearfund listens: helping people to rise out of their poverty, utilising their resourcefulness and determination. Tearfund works alongside local churches and other locally-based organisations to help realise these plans for a better future. Before, you knew us for our droughts, our poverty. But now the poor are transforming this country, and poverty shall no longer be our name. Meseret Kumsa, a Tearfund self-help group member, Ethiopia Tearfund are signatories to the Red Cross Code of Conduct and are certified against the Humanitarian Accountability Partnership Standard.
Are you a professional Accountant passionate about ending poverty?
The International Finance team are a key part of that vision – we provide high quality support to the International group and HQ senior management including:
- Financial planning and reporting
- Financial control and audit management
- Business process improvement
We are looking to recruit a proactive and dedicated International Accountant responsible for Donor Compliance. You will be part of a dynamic and supportive team and will have the opportunity to develop in your career and add value to Tearfund’s work and mission.
The successful candidate will have:
- a strong academic background
- a thorough understanding of donor compliance
- proven skills in auditing and/or meeting the requirements of auditors.
- Ideally the successful candidate will have a professional accountancy qualification, although we will consider candidates with proven donor compliance experience if they are working towards an accountancy qualification or qualify by experience.
- Experience of the NGO sector and donor compliance would be a distinct advantage
Does this sound like the perfect job for you? Are you adaptable, solution-focused and enjoy being part of a dynamic team? If so, then we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for a self-starter with great communication and team working skills. If you think your skills match the above then we welcome your application.
All applicants must be committed to Tearfund’s Christian beliefs.
5 May 2021