Internal Audit Manager At Jubilee Insurance
Internal Audit Manager At Jubilee Insurance 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for Internal Audit Manager, Jubilee Health Insurance Limited (JHIL). The position holder will report to the Group Head of Internal Audit and will be based at Head Office in Nairobi.
To head and manage the Internal Audit function in the Health Insurance Company, implementing the annual audit work plan as approved by the Board Audit Committee and in accordance with the Audit Charter, relevant procedure manuals, policies, and regulations. The role holder will also assist in the audit of shared services departments and regional related companies as directed by the Group Head of Internal Audit.
- In liaison with the company’s Top Management and the Group Head of Internal Audit, draw up an annual
audit plan by beginning of every year and present to the Board Audit Committee for approval. Also, take
lead in key risk identification and assessment, in preparation of the annual Internal Audit Plan
- Ensure Branch and Agency Offices audits are conducted, reports submitted to the Management and ensure closure action plans are implemented by Management efficiently and objectively.
- In liaison with the Group Head of Internal Audit, draw up shared services annual audit plan and ensure full implementation of the audit plan in the following functions.
- Procurement services and Administration services
- Branches, Agents and Agency services in all companies
- Oversight Audit in Risk and Compliance Services
- Company Secretariat and Legal Services
- J-PEX and Actuarial Services
- Efficiency of Anti-Money Laundering Internal Controls
- Oversight Audit on Forensics, Security and Investigation Services
- Corporate Communication Services
- Prepare risk-based Audit Programs for use in the auditing assignments.
- Lead audit teams in execution of audit assignments from planning, fieldwork, reporting and issues closure.
- Ensure all audit assignments are undertaken within the agreed timelines.
- Ensure all audit assignments are undertaken as per the guidelines of the International Auditing Standards
- Follow up on implementation of audit recommendations and report closure status.
- Prepare reports highlighting key area where controls are working effectively and or control weaknesses/risk areas and present the same to the Board Audit Committee on quarterly basis or as when required.
- Liaise with CEO and Head of Departments to facilitate implementation of audit recommendations efficiently and effectively.
- Prepare and review of audit working papers to support all audit work done and exceptions raised.
- Perform first level peer review of team members’ reports for quality and content before submission to Management.
- Train other auditors or staff under you on technical insurance and soft skills.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with auditees and Management.
- Carry out regional audit assignments when called upon by Management.
- Visionary Leadership
- Entrepreneur Spirit
- Strong Industry/Market Awareness
- Customer Centric
- Continuous Training & Innovation
- Ownership & Commitment
- Team Spirit
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Good Communication & Interpersonal skills
- Ability to resolve conflicts effectively.
- High level of Independence and Integrity
- Audit Preparation, Planning and Coordination
- Internal Controls Assessment & Testing
- Risk Management
- Conduct Financial and Commercial Investigations
- Accounting Operations
- Supervise Audit teams.
- Ability to perform value for money reviews.
- Interact with Senior Management and act as a Change Agent.
Additional Desirable skills
- Detailed Data Analysis Skill
- Audit Report Writing Skill
- Risk Identification & Assessment Skill.
- Ability to Create Controls to Mitigate identified risks.
- Business Process Analysis
- Degree in Commerce / Finance Economics or related qualification from a recognized University.
- A Post graduate qualification is mandatory.
- CPA (K) qualification or equivalent is mandatory.
- Membership to Professional Bodies (ICPAK, IIA, ISACA etc.)
- Excellent Training and demonstratable Use of IDEA and or other Audit Tools
- Qualification in Data Analysis and Forensic Audit Skills.
A minimum of 8 years’ experience in the Audit Field, gained in a large reputable auditing firm or reputable commercial organization. Also, a minimum of 3 years’ experience at a senior role within the Audit
No featured Employer yet. Please check back later.