Intern, Communications, Policy & Advocacy, At The Rockefeller Foundation
Intern, Communications, Policy & Advocacy, At The Rockefeller Foundation 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Intern will learn how to develop innovative solutions in the roll-out of digital-first content and campaigns optimized for online effectiveness. They will also deliver value to our key audiences, meeting them where they are while servicing programmatic and institutional objectives. They will learn how to increase engagement with content by engaging with influencers, trending terms and community management.
Specifically, the Intern will:
- Assist the CPA team in advancing the regional office’s digital brand to deliver value to our key audiences.
- Review and synthesize content calendars and posts for our regional social media channels.
- Support the identification of critical channels and approaches through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification.
- Contribute to generating, editing, and publishing content (original text, images, video) that builds meaningful connections and encourages audience engagement.
- Participate in the continuous monitoring and evaluation of the channels by capturing, analyzing, and acting on the appropriate social data, insights, and best practices with the CPA team.
- Assisting in any other roles as assigned by the Foundation.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Students currently enrolled in a graduate program in one of the following areas: Journalism or Communications or ICT or related field Interest or experience working in the nonprofit sector.
- Strong research and analytical capabilities; able to think strategically about opportunities to advance the Foundation’s advocacy work around food, health, energy access and poverty reduction.
- Strong writing and editing skills in content writing or digital-related marketing activities; strong attention to details.
- Must be creative and poses creative writing skills.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) knowledge and skills will be highly appreciated.
- Collaborative, innovative, eager to learn, and interested in creating and executing strategies were working alongside partners.
- Must be a proactive self-starter.
- Able to multi-task and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be authorized to work in Kenya.
- A team player with self-drive in providing solutions to demanding tasks with tight deadlines.
- A strategic problem-solver capable of steering cross-functional collaborations and producing high-quality deliverables.
- Strong communication skills.
- A cover letter is required.
- The internship is for 3-6 months. We are currently fully remote, but when restrictions ease, this position will be based in the Kenya office.
Closing Date: May 20, 2021