Industrial Attachment Opportunities (may To July 2020 Intake)
Industrial Attachment Opportunities (may To July 2020 Intake) 1 PositionKenya Power and Lighting Company
The Kenya Power & Lighting Plc. owns and operates most of the electricity transmission and distribution systems in the country and sells electricity to over 7.5 million customers by January of 2020.
The Company’s key mandate is to plan for sufficient electricity generation and transmission capacity to meet demand; building and maintaining the power distribution and transmission network and retailing of electricity to its customers.
The Government has a controlling stake at 50.1% of shareholding with private investors at 49.9%. Kenya Power is listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange.
In line with the Government’s Youth Initiative to develop a pool of young talent for the Kenyan Labour Market, Kenya Power is offering continuing Bachelor’s Degree and Diploma students an exciting opportunity to gain hands-on work experience and develop key employability skills. The industrial attachment opportunities are available in various departments for a maximum period of three (3) months with effect from May 2020.
- Should be available full time for the duration of the program (3 months).
- Should be a continuing student pursuing a Degree or Diploma from a recognized institution
- Should have a valid introduction letter from the learning institution
- Undergraduate Attachment Reference No. KP1/ATTGRAD/20/02
- Diploma Attachment Reference No. KP1/ATTDIP/20/02