Ict Manager At Co-operative Bank Kenya
Ict Manager At Co-operative Bank Kenya 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
The Co-operative Bank of Kenya Limited is incorporated in Kenya under the Company Act and is also licensed to do the business of banking under the Banking Act. The Bank was initially registered under the Co-operative Societies Act at the point of founding in 1965. This status was retained up to and until June 27th 2008 when the Bank’s Special General Meeting resolved to incorporate under the Companies Act with a view to complying with the requirements for listing on the Nairobi Stock Exchange (NSE)
Our Client, a deposit taking medium sized Sacco based in Nairobi with operations in several other counties in Kenya, seeks to recruit a suitably qualified person to fill the role of ICT Manager.
Reporting to the General Manager, the ICT Manager will be in charge of the ICT functions of the Society and will implement the ICT strategies of the Society. The ICT Manager will ensure automation of the Society’s processes, while ensuring security of the Society’s ICT systems.
Direct Reports: Assistant ICT Manager
Location: Head Office
Travel Requirements: Occasionally to all the Society’s branches
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement the Society’s ICT strategy including product and service technology development & support.
- In conjunction with the Board of Directors and CEO, develop the ICT strategy development and strategy implementation processes, and the annual operating plans and budgets of the Board.
- Oversee and implement ICT support (infrastructure development, security systems support and maintenance) to Society.
- Review and manage information processes and resolve gaps or weaknesses.
- Proactively identify and develop new and innovative ways of disseminating information to members.
- Manage the Society’s internal ICTs and ICT infrastructure requirements including the use of third parties to supply services.
- Manage all the security aspects of the Society’s ICT systems.
- Ensure the provision of timely systems support and maintenance to the Society as required.
- Work with the system providers to customize the Society’s core system in the automation of processes and ensure delivery of services in a secure and efficient manner to members
- Prepare and update a work-plan for the delivery and ongoing development of the Society’s ICT function.
- Effectively manage the deployment of resources, budgets and staff in the ICT function in order to achieve the overall targets.
- Supervise the Assistant ICT manager and other employees in the department.
- Undertake such other duties as may be assigned by the Chief Executive Officer from time to time.
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Professional qualifications in systems audit or systems security
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) qualification.
- Relevant ICT experience of not less than 5 years in the financial services industry, preferably in a Sacco Society.
1. Minimum working experience with the following:
- Microsoft Dynamics Nav for Saccos with agency banking functionality
- Databases (SQL server)
- Security applications
2. Management of various ICT systems in the Sacco industry
3. Other Experience:
- Managing a team of IT professionals.
- Managing user support requirements
- Business continuity
- Delivery of ICT projects
Qualified candidates will be expected to possess the following:
- High degree of personal integrity
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Excellent analytical, communication, presentation and reporting skills.
- Sound judgment and decision making together with planning and organizational skills.
- Very good leadership skills
Vacancies in Banking & Financial ServicesView and Apply
No featured Employer yet. Please check back later.