Human Resources Partner
Human Resources Partner 1 PositionBaker Hughes
A top-tier oilfield service company with a century-long track record, Baker Hughes delivers solutions that help oil and gas operators make the most of their reservoirs. Collaboration is the foundation on which we build our business.
This position is the primary Human Resources (HR) contact for client group leaders. Role is critical in developing and executing HR strategy in support of client’s business objectives. The HR Partner is viewed as a functional Subject Matter Expert providing expertise and guidance across the HR spectrum including but not limited to talent assessment and development, performance management, succession planning, and change management.
Typically supports a client group of 200+ employees with high complexity.
- Develop and drive strategies to attract, develop, engage and retain competent and diverse talent
- Lead localization projects in collaboration with the Product Company and Product Lines
- Strategically collaborate with client managers to design and implement effective organizational structures
- Partner with HR Centers Of Excellence on for example Global Mobility, People Operations, Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards matters
- Develops short and long range strategic plans for effective utilization of HR that directly support and enable business objectives
- Lead succession planning for the organization, identifying critical roles and preparing potential talent and pipelines
- Provide timely, effective and direct coaching to client group managers, assisting in the development of world class, contemporary leadership skills
- Leads complex and multidisciplinary projects with broad discretion and autonomy, realizing major changes in the organization
- Counsel clients on HR policies, procedures and programs
- Provide leadership team with appropriate coaching, mentoring and development
- Liaison between the company and all government labor related agencies, unions etc
- Handle ad hoc projects and tasks, as assigned
- Enable business by proactively managing union and labor relations matter
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline. Master's Degree will be a plus.
- Minimum of 8 years of previous experience;
- in a variety of Human Resource positions with increasing scope
- in various countries across Eastern Africa
- Significant work experience in a global multinational organisation with more than 100,000 employees
- Relevant Professional certifications will be a plus
- Minimum Travel required – 30% to 40%
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; ability to assess complex situations using multiple sources of information
- Strategic mindset and strong business acumen
- Demonstrated ability to work in a demanding, high performance work environment and team- oriented culture
- Capable of handling multiple issues and/or projects simultaneously and executing to completion
- Sound knowledge of local labor laws and government requirements
- Ability to strategically promote an inclusive and diverse workforce
- Experience working in a labor relations environment
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.