Human Resources & Operations Manager At Helen Keller International
Human Resources & Operations Manager At Helen Keller International 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
The name Helen Keller is known around the world as a symbol of courage in the face of overwhelming odds, yet she was much more than a symbol. She was a woman of luminous intelligence, high ambition and great accomplishment who devoted her life to helping others. Helen Keller, our co-founder, envisioned a world without barriers to human potential. Guided by her fierce optimism, we have been working on the front lines of health and well-being for more than 100 years. Working in 19 countries across Africa and Asia-as well as in the United States-we are dedicated to eliminating preventable vision loss, malnutrition, and diseases of poverty.
Under the supervision of the Country Director, the Human Resources and Operations Manager (HROM) is responsible for all Helen Keller Int’l human resources, administrative and operations activities in the Kenya office. He/she will ensure the enforcement of internal regulations, policies and procedures. He/she will supervise the HR, admin & operations team. He/she will advise and support the technical coordinator and managers to ensure that projects run smoothly. The AOM works in close coordination with the Finance Manager and the National Technical Coordinator. He/She will have a doted line to the Regional HR Manager on all HR related issues and work closely with Global Operations and Procurement teams
Human Resources Management:
- The HROM will provide direct support to the Senior Human Resourcs & Operations Officer to complete the following duties and tasks:
- Ensure a human resources management approach that maintains employee motivation and satisfaction in the workplace while aiming for excellence.
- Develop and continuously update the Human Resources policy and procedures manual.
- Develop a training strategy that continuously ensures training needs assessments and impartment of necessary interventions to ensure a high level of performance and skills for better competitiveness of the organization.
- Participate in the development of the annual budget and the follow-up of its implementation for the Human Resources and Procurement section.
- Manage the timesheet and payroll.
- Manage the recruitment process from the Job analysis, Advertisement, selection, reference checks, placement and induction.
- Ensure the optimal management of contracts for staff, service providers and suppliers.
- Support staff and implementing partners to comply with Human Resources policies and procedures and good governance standards.
- Work with Internal and External auditors in supporting to the Procurement and HR Audits and respond to queries r.
- Coordinate and support employee leave schedule.
- Together with the Country Director manage disciplinary issues
- Ensure all supervisors and supervisees practice Communication to Connect (C2C) and conduct annual Performance Evaluation Review (PER).
- Update staff and the Management on changes in Kenya Labor law.
- Maintain regular dialogue with staff delegates
Management of administration :
- Office administration will be supported by the Senior HR & Operations officer under supervision from the HROM. The HROM will be directly responsible for all procurement
- Undertake supply chain Management in a cost-effective manner that ensures compliance to HKI Policies and Procedures, rules and regulations to ensure and document competitiveness, transparency, fairness, efficiency and effectiveness
- Prepare annual procurement plans with quarterly updates for all procurements needed for the office and programs
- Provide training and guidance to staff on all administrative and procurement procedures and policies
- Support timely travel bookings, VISA processing and follow up on staff movements both in country and abroad.
- Develop supplier and service provider Database that meets the criteria (efficiency, effectiveness, quality, competitiveness and value for money).
- Develop delivery contracts, framework contracts and purchase contracts in line with the HKI Contractual guidelines.
- Ensure documentation of the procurement process with both electronic and manual filing systems in compliance with procurement manual standards,
- Follow the development of purchase orders to providers,
- Participate in Country Management team meetings and support decision-making.
- Coordinate the drafting and archiving of administrative correspondence.
- Ensure HKI registration and annual returns to the NGO board are made
- Ensure timely work permit renewals
Tax management :
- In coordination with the Finance Manager, the HROM ensures that the Kenya office complies with all tax requirements and Statutory deductions stipulated in the Kenya laws;
- He/she ensures that all statutory deductions are made He / she follows up on any changes in national laws around taxation and ensures timely implementation
- The HROM also complete any other tasks required by the Country Director.
- At least masters in human resources management, business administration, logistics, or other relevant domains
- Minimum ten years experience in with steady progess in responsiblilities and 3 years experience in a management position , preferably for an International NGO, in HR, admin and operations
- Knowledge of USAID Procurement Regulations
- Demonstrated experience in management and supervision of HR Admin & operations staff
- Highly computer literate, including knowledge of Microsoft office suite (Word; PowerPoint; Outlook), and strong Excel skills, including pivot tables.
- Good knowledge of local laws and procedures for HR Admin & operations
- perform duties that require close attention to detail;
- prioritize workload, assume responsibility for work, and follow through to completion.
- Maintain balance when under stress.
- Work in a decentralized organizational structure with a highly collaborative approach.
Vacancies in NGO, Community & Social DevtView and Apply
No featured Employer yet. Please check back later.