Human Resource Manager
Human Resource Manager 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
The job holder is responsible to lead, direct and manage the day-to-day Human Resources Department and provide oversight and guidance to the development and monitoring of processes related to recruitment and retention, compliance, compensation, benefits, training and development in line with company mission, vision, values and strategic plans.
He/she should have experience in managing a company of not less than 500 employees
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop Human Resource strategies, plans and initiatives aligned to the company’s business strategy.
- Provide leadership in the management of the human resources cycle i.e. manpower planning and establishment; employee resourcing; performance management; training and development; employee relations; compensation, reward, and benefits management.
- Provide advisory and support services to line managers to enable them to manage their teams effectively and administer staff policies and procedures.
- Advise on employee relations and communicate policies and strategies to maximize staff involvement and commitment while minimizing conflict.
- Advise on appropriate staffing levels and participate in budget preparation.
- Monitor departmental budget expenditure and provide guidance to the Section on financial discrepancies
- Advise on appropriate organizational structure changes, business processes and change management to maximize corporate effectiveness.
- Compliance with all labor laws and statutory requirements.
- Facilitate the operations of a vibrant occupational health and safety committee for optimal safety within workplace.
- Formulate HR policies and identify areas for policy improvements and expectations.
- Ensure established performance management systems programs and support managers on handling poor performance, voluntary and involuntary separations.
- Oversee and coordinate the performance evaluation process.
- Ensure development of career progression paths and succession planning.
- Ensure coaching and mentoring of HR issues to employees.
- Manage the disciplinary processes in concert with relevant manager and in accordance with the set guidelines.
- Manage Human Resources Information System to ensure accurate and timely availability of information and management reports
Minimum Academic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Social Sciences or a Business related field.
- With a previous 6- 8 years’ experience in a managerial position.
- Higher Diploma in Human Resources Management.
- Professional membership of IHRM.