Human Capital Consultant
Human Capital Consultant 1 PositionOld Mutual Group
Old Mutual Kenya is based in Nairobi and is part of a larger group that offers solutions in long-term savings, asset management, and investment. We offer solutions to individuals and corporates underpinned by our core values which are: Respect, Integrity, Accountability and Pushing beyond boundaries.
This position is responsible for the Human Capital Management Information System (HCMIS), payroll management, staff loans administration, medical administration, pension management & support services.
- Degree in HRM or Business related field.
- Professional course - Higher National Diploma/CHRP.
- Over 4 years' experience in payroll management.
- CPA qualifications required.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Ability to work independently and build effective interpersonal relations.
- Strong Business acumen.
- Working long hours / willingness to and ability to travel.
- Professionalism in dealing with both internal and external customers.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Focus on the client.
- High integrity.
- Great communication skills
- Proficiency in use of computer programs.
- Payroll Processing
- Ensures that the entire payroll is processed accurately and on time including payment for wages, bonuses, commissions, and other company benefits.
- Maintains the payroll journal and summaries and ensures disbursements are properly recorded, loan recoveries and other check-off payments.
- Timely remittance of statutory deductions.
- Processing of salary advances and staff loans processing.
- Performs internal payroll audits and prepares documents for various audits and prepares required government reports and drafts responses to related inquiries.
- Stays abreast of the ever-changing payroll tax laws and ensure compliance.
- Responsible for the integrity of the staff records in the Human Capital Management System.
- Calculation and processing of terminal benefits payments.
- Reconciling payroll related GL accounts.
- Accurate payroll reporting to meet internal and statutory obligations.
- Timely processing of pension (new members into scheme & deductions in payroll).
- HC System Data Maintenance
- HC System data entry and update for accurate report generation such as new staff entrants, dependants, leave records, qualification and training, referees etc.
- Ensure all employees' data as captured in the HCMIS is accurate, properly captured and generate all relevant monthly HC Reports.
- Promptly remove exited staff or those whose contracts lapse from payroll to ensure no erroneous payments.
- Manage staff transfers and promotions within the system.
- Ensure integrity of HC system data and that the originating documents are properly filed.
- Ensure security of all HC/Payroll data through enforcement of procedures and standards.
- Ensure the accuracy of all payroll reports and extracts, and compile data for analysis.
- Pension Administration
- Building and maintaining relationships with key internal and external stakeholders including scheme administrators.
- Maintain proper & accurate pension records.
- Ensure new staff are timely placed on pension scheme upon confirmation.
- Processing of pension claims for exited staff.
- Staff Loans Processing & Administration
- Manage the full cycle in processing staff loans.
- Timely feedback to staff in relation to their loan applications.
- Ensure a high level of confidentiality is maintained during the process.
- Proper tracking of staff loans.
- Administration of Insurance schemes and Welfare benefits.
- Medical Administration
- Liaise with staff insurance providers to ensure staff records are up to date and resolve any staff queries and requests regarding these services.
- Ensure accurate medical records are maintained.
- Ensure timely renewal of staff medical cover.
- Ensure new staff is timely placed on medical schemes upon confirmation.
- Ensure exited staff are timely reported to the insurer.
- Prepare quarterly reconciliation reports.
- The job holder will be in charge of the following monthly reports:
- OMA reports
- Payroll reports
- Statutory reports
- 5. Bank-wide AML, KYC & CFT
- Monitor, on a continuous basis, all transactions to ensure that unusual and suspicious transactions are reported to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO).
- Implementing and enforcing the board approved AML, KYC & CFT policy in as far as is applicable within his/her area of responsibility.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.