Hr & Administration Officer At Mary’s Meals International
Hr & Administration Officer At Mary’s Meals International 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Mary’s Meals provides one good meal to some of the world’s poorest children every school day. Our work is named after Mary, the mother of Jesus, who brought up her own child in poverty. Mary’s Meals consists of, respects, and reaches out to people of all faiths and of none.
We are delighted to be recruiting for a talented HR & Administration Officer for a 3-months maternity cover to join our team in Lodwar, Turkana County. Reporting to the HR & Administration Manager, the HR& Administration Officer is responsible for providing HR & administration support and professional HR service to staff and managers across Mary’s Meals Kenya. This will include supporting the processes of: staff recruitment, selection and exit, coordination of induction of new staff, staff performance management, employee relations cases, staff information and reporting, employee payment & benefits.
Key areas of responsibility include:
Support staff recruitment, selection and exit processes:
- Support the HR & Administration Manager in developing annual workforce plans.
- Establish standard recruiting and placement practices and procedures assuggested and directed by the HR & Administration Manager
- Collaborate with line managers to ensure job descriptions are complete and accurate.
- Prepare notices and advertisements for vacant positions.
- Support in the longlisting and short listing of applications.
- Oversee scheduling & organizing of interviews with applicants and appropriate staff and participate in the interviews.
- Collate information for interview reports and grids for line managers and HR & Administration Manager for review.
- Communicate to unsuccessful applicants by sending them regrets
- Conduct reference checks on candidates.
- Ensure that staff exit procedures comply with Mary’s Meals Kenya
- Separation policy & procedures and country labour law.
Facilitate the induction of new staff:
- Prepare and finalize new staff contracts.
- Support Line Managers in planning induction & training of new staff and ensure that induction checklist forms are submitted to the HR office for filing at the end of the induction period
- Ensure that new staff submit all the required onboarding documents before signing employment contracts.
- Ensure that new staff information is recorded and filed properly in paper form and on the HR database.
- Support in preparing confirmation letters for staff who successfully pass their probation
Monitor staff performance management and professional development:
- Collaborate with line managers for setting and monitoring of performance objectives for all staff.
- Maintain and coordinate staff recognition/motivation programmes e.g. team building sessions, employee of the year awards etc.
- Support the HR & Administration manager in conducting periodical staff training needs assessment & development of annual training plan
- Organize and track professional development and capacity building activities for staff.
- Ensure that all staff submit their completed PDR forms to HR for filing on time.
- Support employee relations cases
- Ensure that Mary’s Meals Kenya and employee’s interests are protected, and that policies/ practices of the organization are legally compliant.
- Provide support for disciplinary actions & track and manage investigations and grievance matters in conjunction with the HR & Administration Manager as per the HR policy guidelines.
- Support the HR & Administration manager in the development and implementation of HR policies & procedures that meet national employment standards and legislation and align with the Mary’s Meals global standards.
- Support the HR & Administration Manager in carrying out staff engagement surveys and ensure staff participation. Also conduct analysis on engagement levelsand propose resulting actions.
Staff / HR information and reporting:
- Manage a filing system and database for HR information, including sensitive and confidential information.
- Collect & evaluate HR data that is used in communicating HR metrics that enable management & senior leadership to make valuable decisions.
- Organize and maintain staff files so they are accessible and always up-to date
- Support in the management of the Learning Management system (iLearn).
- Monitor and evaluate staff absence levels & recommend solutions to resolve absence issues.
- Support the HR & Administration Manager in preparing internal HR reports including start/end dates, leavers, joiners, leave status, probation, and recruitment timelines.
- Prepare and submit departmental reports and other briefs as and when required.
Employee compensation and benefits:
- Maintain accurate records of employment benefits.
- Ensure that all employees are covered under the appropriate benefits policy e.g. medical insurance, pension fund, WIBA
- Collaborate with the Finance department for the preparation of monthly payroll.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management or a related discipline
- Registered member of Institute of Human Resource Management
- At least 3 years’ work experience as an HR & Admin Officer, HR Assistant, or similar role
- Demonstrates up to date knowledge of Kenyan employment law and best practice
- Ability to establish good working relationships and strong communication skills
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Experience of working in a not-for-profit organization
- Strong planning, supervisory, and management skills.
- Good presentation and facilitation skills for the dissemination of information