Horn Of Africa Coordinator (short Term Consultant) At The Ifc - International Finance Corporation
Horn Of Africa Coordinator (short Term Consultant) At The Ifc - International Finance Corporation 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Objective/ Scope of Work
To this end, the Africa Fragile and Conflict States team and the Creating Markets Advisory team would like to hire a Regional Coordinator for the Horn of Africa Region on a Short-Term Consultant contract (150 days) who will lead the identification, development and coordination of strategic regional programs.
The consultant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Map out ongoing and pipeline of IFC programs (both investment and advisory) in priority countries and identifying which may have relevance and impact at a regional level through consultation with Industry Groups, Country Officers and Upstream teams. Sectors should include livestock, agribusiness, infrastructure, renewables, and digitalization but can include other relevant sectors and consider cross-cutting themes of climate, gender and displaced population.
- Contribute to the design and development of the Africa Fragility Initiative Sub Regional Platform for the Horn of Africa in conjunction with the HOA FCS team.
- Consult with the World Bank to identify regional programs that could leverage WB existing or planned programs for greater impact. Facilitate ongoing collaboration with the WB team.
- Develop a priority list of regional investment or advisory projects that will create markets, facilitate investments and enhance employment opportunities and livelihoods. This should be based on consultations with key stakeholders from country, regional and Industry groups and should be based on common themes. The consultation process should include the design and facilitation of at least 2 workshops with key stakeholders.
- Develop an action plan for the delivery of a select number of regional projects. This will include developing and delivering diagnostic plans, developing concept notes, agreeing on lead teams for seed projects and coordinating and communicating with key stakeholders.
- Other tasks that may arise to be agreed with the Task Team Leader.
SELECTION CRITERIA/SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, Sociology or Social Sciences or a related field
- 5 years of experience working in or on the Horn of Africa on private sector development.
- Strategic and operational experience developing private sector development programs in at least one of these key sectors: agribusiness, infrastructure, renewables.
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience including experience with the World Bank or IFC.
- Experience in working on fragile and post-conflict countries and/or private sector development related topics
- Excellent communication / interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and writing skills in English
40-50 days per fiscal year, renewable depending on business needs, performance, and funding availability. Preferred location either Nairobi or Addis Ababa.
Vacancies in AccountingView and Apply
No featured Employer yet. Please check back later.