Health Records Management Assistant At Amref Kenya
Health Records Management Assistant At Amref Kenya 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Amref Health Africa in Kenya is the country programme office of Amref Health Africa, Africa’s largest International Health NGO. This is the largest and oldest country programme in Africa with an average annual budget of USD 40million. We have 19 innovative products and project models that have successfully been implemented and transformed 5.4 million lives.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
- Compiling, processing and maintaining of medical records at the 24-hour Control Center in a manner that is consistent with medical, administrative, ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements of the health care system.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database updates and reporting
- Diploma in health records and information management technology, a degree in this field is an added advantage
- Experience is report development and data management
- Good knowledge in use of the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
- ICT proficiency
- Basic knowledge in procurement
- Preferred Experience and Knowledge
- Minimum of 2 years’ consecutive work experience in health records and data management
- Must have recent hands-on experience in similar role in a hospital set up or insurance
Medical Records Management
- Maintenance of all medical records in the medical unit to ensure accurate and consistent update of medical data.
- Retrieving of previous medical evacuation files that require special attention from MFiles system
- Maintaining confidentiality of data in the medical unit under cooperate responsibility on data protection
- Follow Development of the medical database in the Customer Relationship Management system including updating customer accounts and contacts
- Compiling data from the CRM System to enable closing of evacuation files in the system
- Linking all evacuation emails to past evacuation cases in the system and clean-up duplicated cases.
- Champion the uptake and development of the CRM system as well as conduct quality checks on the system use
- Generating planned and ad hoc departmental reports and statistics on weekly and monthly basis.
- Generating and updating ground evacuation reports and statistics for third party providers
- Generating reports relating to the consumption and utilization of stock in the medical stores
- Reporting discrepancies in inventory
- Stock & Inventory Management of the Medical Store
- Champion the development and implementation of the medical inventory system.
- Carry out stock take and replenishment of medicines and pharmaceutical supplies
- Check on medical equipment condition post medical missions.
- Tracking of all drugs and surgical consumables with; batch numbers, date of manufacture and expiry ensuring expired drugs are out of the shelf
- Ensuring all the stock in the medical store is properly arranged with ease of access in batches with ‘First In, First Out’ (FIFO) method to minimize wastage on expiry of drugs and consumables
- Regular review of medical applications to confirm entry of consumed stocks
- Generate orders for low stocks as advised by Emergency Stores and Equipment head, obtain quotations from suppliers in consultation with procurement officer
- Policy and Regulatory Duties
- Support the Aeromedical Manager in policy compilation and regulatory checks.
- Reporting to relevant teams on working conditions of computers and other office equipment in the Control Center
- Responsibility over stationary in the Control Center
- Update the Nurses, Locum Nurses, Locum Doctors on visas, licenses and training currency, send reminders on due expiry dates to carry out the follow ups.
- Ensure general tidiness and cleanliness in the control Centre.
- Attending to any other work-related duties as requested
How to apply:
If you have the passion to contribute to the leading Aero-medical and Health solutions provider, submit application by 17 th June 2021. Attach cover letter specifying how you meet the criteria, what you expect to bring to AMREF Flying Doctors (AFD) with an updated CV in PDF.