Head Of Procurement
Head Of Procurement 1 PositionKenya Power Pension Fund
The Kenya Power & Lighting Company Limited Staff Retirement Benefits Scheme ('The Fund”) was established by a Trust Deed dated 1 January 1970. The Fund is a defined benefit occupational pension fund and was formed for the employees of The Kenya Power & Lighting Company Limited ('the Sponsor’), then known as East Africa Power and Lighting Company.
The Head of Procurement will be responsible for providing oversight of the procurement function to ensure value for money on all procured items, quality service delivery and
support other functions within the Fund to achieve the goals effectively and efficiently. To ensure that all procurement processes and procedures are in line with the Fund’s policy, best practice and the procurement law and regulations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement or Supply Chain Management or a related field from a recognized University.
- Membership to a Professional body
- Professional qualification (KISM, CIPS)
- Eight (8) years’ post qualification experience in role in Supply Chain Management a medium or large size organization with at least three (3) years at management level.
- A master’s degree in Supply Chain Management will be an added advantage.
- Formulate procurement strategies and update procurement policy and procedures.
- Plan for all procurement and disposal of items managed in line with the budgets.
- Consolidating procurement items ensuring that delivery is done as per the users’ needs.
- Monitor all procurements are processed within budget lines and advising users on unbudgeted and exceeded budgets items.
- Proactively build, develop and maintain valuable relationships with key stakeholders and vendors.
- Monitor the market and vendor bases for emerging services and trends for potential opportunities and advise management accordingly.
- Implement/execute the decisions of the Evaluation Committee and in all Fund procurements.
- Act as the Secretariat to the Evaluation Committee and coordinate committee meetings and negotiation meetings.
- Communicate to suppliers on awards, regrets and any other communication necessary in execution of tenders.
- Coordinate between the business units and suppliers and the Evaluation Committee to ensure that user requirements are met.
- Guide on preparation of proposals (RFPs, RFQs and TORs) and specifications.
- Manage the tendering process including; developing RFP’s, advertising, receiving and opening RFP’s etc.
- Ensure that RFP’S are evaluated in accordance to set out specifications and the Act.
- Provide professional advice to the Accounting Officer on all evaluation reports.
- Monitor delivery and quality of goods, works and services by suppliers.
- Conduct supplier evaluation and effect necessary actions based on contract terms and conditions.
- Develop annual procurement budget.