Head, Direct Banking – Business & Commercial Clients At Standard Bank Group
Head, Direct Banking – Business & Commercial Clients At Standard Bank Group 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
To implement, enable, scale, entrench, engage and commercialise the Direct Banking value proposition/s and business life journeys in country in collaboration with other Segments, Client Solutions, Engineering and country stakeholders through the client engagement platforms.
- Leads and executes the Direct Banking segment value proposition, related tool box(es) and client journeys in country and customises accordingly.
- Provides input into the overall segment value proposition and related tool box(es).
- Tracks and reports on adoption of the strategy and provides feedback to various domains and capabilities (including at client level).
- Implements the client value proposition in country with approved customisations.
- Drives and entrenches a consistent client experience through all engagement platforms.
- Implements and drives the agreed client value metrics pertaining to Horizon 1, 2 and 3.
- Partners with Client Solutions and 3rd Party partners and ecosystems for the delivery of integrated multi-products and services for the client.
- Maintains alignment with other segment heads in order to ensure client value proposition delivery and reduction of duplication across segments.
- Stays abreast of market and competitive developments in order to provide input to innovative and value-added services to gain market share.
- Drives multi-product client experiences to address business life events, distributed through client engagement platforms.
- Delivers SBG and 3rd party products and services to the Direct Banking client segment through a client centric platform.
- Accountable for the achievement of the segment financial and non-financial metrics (e.g. client attrition, profit growth and return on investment, etc.) in line with Business and Commercial Clients, Country requirements in close collaboration with country, other segment heads and Client Solutions.
- Ensures that remedial actions are defined and implemented in collaboration with country, other segment heads and Client Solutions.
RISK, PRUDENTIAL & COMPLIANCE
- Accountable for risk management and adherence to all governance standards for the continued sustainability of the segment in country.
- Develops appropriate recovery and resolution plans to protect the Direct Banking segment from any untoward event.
- Drives satisfactory audit outcomes and ensures that there are no repeat unsatisfactory findings as gauged by Group Internal Audit.
- Retains central oversight of all risk and remediation matters relating to Direct Banking in Country.
- Develops client risk appetite based on the defined framework which is signed off by Business and Commercial Clients, Country in conjunction with Risk.
- Implements and monitors risk management across the segment (e.g., operational risk, credit risk, ecosystems risk and partner risk management).
- Follows the parameters of the key trade off decisions at client level (i.e. risk appetite, pricing).
- Manages Operational Risk loss within a prescribed tolerance limit.
- Sets the example and leads the team in line with the Group’s leadership identity, core values and People Promise.
- Enables integrated ways of working and collaboration across the value chain to deliver for the client.
- Inspires the team to deliver on the Group’s shared purpose and instilling a culture which enables the Group to evolve into a client led platform organisation.
- Ensures alignment to the People and Culture standards with regards to all employee-related matters.
- Provides input into talent strategy developed by People and Culture.
- Identifies current and potential employee skill requirements in consultation with the People and Culture function.
- Embeds Group culture initiatives (e.g. Vuka, Care and Growth) for Direct Banking, Business and Commercial Clients Country.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- University Degree in Business Commerce
- 10 years – 12 years.
- Experience in developing, designing and enabling segment value propositions.
- Experience in Consumer High Net Worth and Business Banking, including the design and development of customer solutions; identifying key drivers of income and cost lines.
- Experience in successfully growing the customer base, managing and growing a balance sheet and income statement. Strong understanding of digital, open banking and platform integrations.