Global Finance And Strategy Associate At One Acre Fund
Global Finance And Strategy Associate At One Acre Fund 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
About The Role
The finance and strategy (FAS) team provides concise advice around how to deliver cost-effective impact across Africa. We are looking for someone to solve thorny strategic projects and lead financial recommendations to our executive team. You will report to the head of the Finance and Strategy team.
Lead Analysis for our Leadership Team
- We are confronted with strategic projects that are outside of our team's traditional work streams. We are looking for someone to lead projects like: Operational plans diligence, Sensitivity analyses for operational decisions, Cost optimization leadership, analyzing new inorganic growth opportunities.
Create frameworks for improving strategy
- We are constantly evolving how we make investment decisions across the organization. You would create important frameworks and analyses by working directly with our executive team – to guide resource allocation over the long-term.
Lead flex projects across countries
- You will work across 9 countries on different projects to support the in-country. FAS leads on individual projects. Examples of this could include: Finding buyers for excess inventory, working across teams to manage cost savings on their biggest expenses, external relationships, filling in for in-country FAS staff on important deliverables, and advising our new country teams on general strategy.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 4+ years of experience in finance or consulting, including 3+ years of experience in one of our countries of operation
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Executive presentation experience and clear written language
- English required in all locations. Other notable and useful languages are Swahili, Kinyarwanda, Kirundi, Chichewa, and Amharic.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
Preferred Start Date
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Nairobi, Kenya or Kigali, Rwanda
Increase your chances of landing this job! Check the strength of your CV HERE.