Gender Integration Officer At Intrahealth
Gender Integration Officer At Intrahealth 1 PositionINTRAHEALTH INTERNATIONAL
Job Opportunity: Gender Integration Officer
Why Choose IntraHealth
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work. Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we have built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective. Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
The USAID Ingobyi Activity is a five-year cooperative agreement to improve the quality of reproductive, Maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH) and malaria services, in a sustainable manner with the goal of reducing neonatal, child and maternal mortality in Rwanda. The Ingobyi Activity builds upon the tremendous gains Rwanda has made in the health sector as well as previous USAID investments in the health sector to provide a healthier, more productive future for all Rwandans. Ingobyi works to improve the availability, quality and utilization of RMNCH and malaria services with resilience and sustainability.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
IntraHealth/USAID Ingobyi Activity seeks to recruit a Gender Integration Officer to provide technical support for strategic program development and management assistance for cross-cutting gender initiatives under the USAID Ingobyi Activity in Rwanda. The Gender Integration Officer will work under the supervision of Gender Integration specialist and will collaborate with team members to incorporate gender considerations into the program design, implementation, and M&E and learning, following USAID and national standard guidelines, to improve the quality and use of health services. S/he will support the integration of gender and related interventions and tools into project activities, implementation across all technical areas of the program including FP/RH, MNCH and Malaria, and will advocate for the widespread adoption of gender-related best practices. These efforts will also include male and youth involvement in health services.
1. Planning and implementation of Gender Integration activities
- Contribute to analysis and integration of gender considerations into project workplans and collaborative learning and adapting (CLA) activities across Reproductive Health, Maternal Health, Neonatal and Child Health, and Malaria (RMNCH/M) technical areas.
- Collaborate with Ingobyi team to review and/or adapt provider clinical training curricula and materials to ensure integration of gender analysis recommendations, and to ensure female participation on an equal level with males.
- As needed, review and adapt training materials related to GBV, and guide or provide GBV training and follow up for trainers.
- Contribute to the implementation of gender and related interventions across all technical areas including FP/RH, MNCH and malaria.
- Contribute to capacity building of Isange One Stop Centers in supported hospitals and health centers to provide high quality and holistic care for GBV victims.
- Work closely with the community health team to strengthen the capacity of community health workers to work with existing community structures to identify, screen, and refer GBV victims for care.
2. M&E, Reporting, learning and documentation.
- Work with Ingobyi M&E team to design, conduct and analyze results of gender assessments of various aspects of the program, including providers, clients, network partners, in areas such as: access to RMNCH/M services, training needs and opportunities, youth reproductive health, and reporting.
- Identify gender indicators and analyze data to document improvements in gender integration across all project interventions.
- Ensure that gender-related project activities have clear, measurable indicators that are included in the project monitoring and evaluation plan.
- Support documentation, and rollout of best practices and lessons learned from community to health facility level to enhance awareness and participation for Gender Integration and GBV management.
- Prepare and submit reports on Gender Integration and GBV management activities and submit to Gender Integration Specialist on a quarterly basis or upon request, in a timely manner.
3. Representation in technical meetings/discussions
- Represent Ingobyi Activity in gender integration related technical working groups, as needed.
- Present updates on gender integration in technical meetings or as may be requested by supervisor.
- Actively participate in technical sessions to develop clinical guidelines and other strategic documents.
- Perform other tasks assigned by supervisor.
- The ideal candidate is expected to meet and/or possess the following qualifications and requirements.
Education and training
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Nursing, Midwifery, or related field; Master’s in Gender or Development Studies will be an added advantage.
Experience and skills
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in the field/s of FP/RH or MCH with a specific focus on gender and GBV management related issues.
- Significant knowledge of the Rwandan health context at all levels, including gender equality issues related to health services and GBV management.
- Experience providing technical advice and capacity building in programs targeting women and youth.
- Experience in managing and implementing USAID funded health projects in Rwanda?
- Experience interpreting qualitative and quantitative data to inform effective programming.
- Experience as a trainer with a strong track record of implementing training and mentoring strategies and programs.
- Experience working with international organizations and donors in the health sector.
- Experience with gender and youth analysis and integration.
- Established capacity to work as a team with various technical, clinical, and administrative personnel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to travel frequently within the country.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Willingness and ability to travel and to work independently with all stakeholders
- Willingness to accept additional responsibilities
- Willingness to work overtime as required
- Minimum noise levels in an office environment
- Office environment requiring sitting at a desk most of the day, using hands to operate a computer and other office equipment
- Requires lifting of 0-25 lbs. occasionally or as needed
Managing Performance: Ability to plan and design practices, processes and procedures that allow for effective management of people, resources and processes to optimize overall organizational performance. Managing for performance includes the ability to delegate and encourage growth and leadership across the team(s) as part of maximizing performance and productivity.
Strategic Thinking: Applies organizational knowledge to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for IntraHealth while recognizing, anticipating and resolving organizational challenges. Ability to develop organization- and industry-specific expertise and apply sound decision-making processes to reach productive resolutions that translates strategy into actionable business plans.
Effective Communication (Oral & Written): Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
Risk Management: Knowledge of processes, tools and techniques for assessing and controlling the organization’s exposure to risks of various kinds; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Innovation: Develops new, better or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions or initiatives within assigned role that result in improvement of IntraHealth’ s performance and meeting objectives, results and global commitments.
Accountability: Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high-quality results for IntraHealth’ s success. Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
Increase your chances of landing this job by updating your CV.Request HERE: OR CALL/TEXT/WHATSAPP 0702068282