Fresh Jobs At Rural Agency For Community Development And Assistance (racida)
Fresh Jobs At Rural Agency For Community Development And Assistance (racida) 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
WASH Technical Coordinator
RACIDA has worked to build the capacity of Agro-pastoralist communities living in Arid and Semi-Arid lands across the Horn of Africa in preventing and mitigating the impact of hazards of communities at risk. Anchored by a Community Managed Disaster Risk Reduction (CMDRR) approach, and guided by our belief that the communities
Reports to: Project Manager
Contract Details: One (1) year Fixed Term Contract. Renewable Subject to Availability of Funds & Performance
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the WASH Officer will be responsible for development of BoQs of WASH infrastructure designs, supervision of all construction and rehabilitation activities in the project areas.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Ensure the development of accurate Bill of Quantities (BoQs) and detailed technical drawings for all the WASH interventions in liaison with relevant technical staff from the government authorities;
- Supervise and be responsible for all WASH the technical aspect for project implementation, make sure that contractors complete project work in a timely, efficient and accurate manner with respect to standard engineering;
- Ensure community involvement at all phases of the project and the development of community ownership of the project;
- Guarantee the respect of construction standards as well as the security practices at the project site;
- Provide feedback to the monitoring and evaluation system in order to assess the effectiveness and the impact of the projects and propose recommendations for improvement;
- Contribute to the development of constructive solutions to challenges identified by the community and contractors;
- Facilitate and maintain a good professional relationship between RACIDA, communities and contractors;
- Provide regular written and verbal reports to the Project Manager on the infrastructure development activities;
- Oversee water purification procures at all water points.
- Oversee/support trainings to Water resource user Association reps and community members on water point management and water handling.
- Attend and adequately represent RACIDA in Sub-County meetings/fora as may be required as well as in layering with other actors handling USAID OFDA programs;
- With the help of the Project Manager, develop and maintain weekly, monthly plans and written comprehensive records of engineering work undertaken in the project including site visits and reporting of work progress
- Participate and contribute as necessary towards RACIDA’s emergency response as and when necessary;
Education Qualifications and key Competencies
- A Degree in Water Engineering, civil engineering or other related discipline;
- At least 3 years of experience in similar position/related;
- Professional experience in community WASH programs;
- Good communication skills.
- Experience in Word, excel, power point, outlook, access knowledge.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Kiswahili are essential.
- Experience in operating AutoCAD, Spreadsheet, Civil3d, Prokon softwares
- Experience in operating Dumpy level or Total Station tools
- Experience working in ASAL areas of Kenya. Preference will be given to applicants that satisfy this criterion.