Finance Officer (nairobi) At Medair
Finance Officer (nairobi) At Medair 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Medair is a humanitarian organisation inspired by Christian faith to relieve human suffering in some of the world’s most remote and devastated places. We bring relief and recovery to people in crisis, regardless of race, creed or nationality. As signatories of the International Committee of the Red Cross Code of Conduct, we believe that aid should be given to everyone who is in need, and not be used to further a particular political, social, or religious viewpoint. Our first and last considerations are the needs of the people we serve. We save lives in emergencies and then stay to help people recover from crisis with dignity-working side by side with communities to leave a lasting impact. We do whatever it takes to bring relief where it’s needed most.
This is an SSC Finance position based in Nairobi (Kenya), with regular field visits to the country programs supported by the SSC. Kenya Nationals as well as eligible personnel with a valid work permit for Kenya can apply.
Contribute to Medair overall mission by fulfilling the responsibilities for this position in the Finance Shared Service Centre (SSC) located in Nairobi (Kenya). Ensuring the quality and timeliness of the month-end closing, external statutory / donor audit and internal audits, and financial reporting of Medair. Ensuring an excellent partnership via strong collaboration with the GSO Finance Partner and local country finance team.
Medair Global Support Office (GSO / SSC) provides operational guidance for country programmes, along with both technical and compassionate support for our relief workers. Within our Global Support Office, we are also responsible for promoting the work of Medair to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run our life-saving and sustaining programmes, and to recruit international and GSO staff.
Medair GSO Field Finance / SSC Finance team, primarily focus on Medair financial management for various country programs and related projects and grants.
Key Activity Areas
Responsibility / Outcomes
- An important key player within SSC Finance team to ensure smooth operation.
- Provide high level of dedication in achieving SSC team key objective of quality financial data / book closing in line with Medair Finance required deadlines, including timely review, reconciling and posting of financial transactions (Navigator/Navision or other systems) per “Closing Checklist”.
- Contribute to the preparation of the local set of statutory finance books is kept updated in compliance with local statutory requirement via collaboration with local finance team and GSO Audit Support team. Contribute to preparing and reviewing monthly and annual financial statements for various country programs.
- Engage in the Medair process standardization projects, as improving systems, policies and procedures on an on-going basis on key processes and ensure proper documentation and implementation to cope with the objectives of Medair.
- Actively seek and provide training to the relevant country Finance teams in a systematic approach.
- Contribute to the financial sustainability, such as cash position of each country program served is at optimal status for Medair via collaborating with GSO Finance & relevant country teams.
- Provide support to the country finance teams as needed as “Roving Officer” with a visit once every two months to the country programs served.
- Review and verify if country finance teams are in compliance with internal controls within “Finance / Accounting manual”.
- College / university graduated in finance or accounting.
- Professional qualification in finance, audit and accounting are desirable.
- Holding CPA (certified public accountant), or CMA (certified managerial accountant) or other finance related licenses are strongly desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written). French desirable.
- Minimum relevant working experience in accounting and finance for at least 4 years, it is a plus if holding field experience in the humanitarian or development sector.
- Proficient in Excel; knowledge in Medair finance systems to be highly productive in performing the job.
- Strong knowledge of accounting, finance, internal control and risk management.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with various stakeholders, working through issues and operational challenges with; also ensure the understanding of the cost drivers of the business and can provide insight to the non-finance members. Savvy in Technology and IT driven.
- Proven managerial accounting experience with strong knowledge on a project-based organization.
- Analytical ability with a good attention to detail with high capacity to draw intelligence from numbers.
- Oral and written communication skills with the ability to present plans to support business decisions.
- Good time management skills, ability to prioritize workload and to work to strict reporting deadlines.
- Business Acumen: holding strong Field of knowledge for the position, specify in regard to Humanitarian essentials, Sphere and CHS standards, other international humanitarian guidelines and protocols (desirable).Innovation/changes
Team Spiritual Life
- Lead and reflect the values of Medair with team, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of SSC Finance team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.Support in “Donor audits” via collaborating with various parties.
- Open to the challenge of a new ERP system.
- Contribute to streamline and optimize the key processes related to Finance and other relevant key processes.
- Work smartly with strong collaboration with various stakeholders.
Vacancies in NGO, Community & Social DevtView and Apply
No featured Employer yet. Please check back later.