Farm Manager 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
A farm in Kiambu County that specialises in Banana , chicken and pig farming is looking for a farm manager to oversee its overall operations.Reports to the Director
Job Purpose .
- Develop and implement operational efficiency measures and be responsible for making a business case for the farm.
Key Responsibilities of the Farm Manager.
- Managing all on-farm activities to include planning of all farm activities
- Maintaining the standards of health and safety
- In charge of the overall welfare of the farm in order to meet the 90% yield quota..
- Efficient utilization of farm labor to avoid high wage bills, and cutting down on unnecessary farm costs.
- Implement a farm records management system, and timely updates to management on progress status.
- Should be well versed with pig farm economics on sales verses running costs
- Understand how to optimize mating cycles, birth rates, maturity rates to ensure that the right sized animals are sold at the right time and right weight.
- Maintain a less than 10% mortality rate for the pigs.
- Experience with either chicken or pig farming.
- Managing the farms growth projection at all times to ensure they are optimally planned and sustainable.
- Manage the firms feed factory ensuring the right quality and quantities of feeds are produced.
- Liaise with the relevant quality assurance bodies to carry out quality testing on the feed mixes.
- They will be taken through the food mixing training and food factory management if they don’t have prior experience.
- Ensure proper record keeping and management of farm records.
- Ensure farms’ weekly meetings with the rest of the workers and briefings with directors are held promptly as required.
- Managing farm workers.
- Managing farm cleanliness through proper waste management.
- Creating a value addition framework for the bananas before sales.
- Innovate ways of managing feed costs through ensuring the right mixes and creating cost effective substitutions where necessary.
- Embrace innovative ways to farming, advising on best practices.
- Implement farm safety procedures at all times.
- Degree/ Diploma in agricultural economics, agronomy, agribusiness, and any another related field.
- Pig/Poultry expertise
- Must have at least two (2) years’ experience in a commercial farm environment, managing farm assets and farm labor.
- Veterinary knowledge preferred
- Data entry.
- Should be computer literate
- Business savvy.
- Great leadership skills.
- Partner management skills.
Salary KShs. 30,000+a 2 bedroom house