Faculty Digital Health At University Of Global Health Equity (ughe)
Faculty Digital Health At University Of Global Health Equity (ughe) 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Faculty Digital Health
University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) Kigali, Rwanda
Position Title: Faculty Digital Health
Reports to: Chair of Executive Education
Location: Kigali, Rwanda, with occasional travel to Butaro, Rwanda
The dynamic and rapidly growing University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Assistant Professor of Digital Health. Novel technologies and technological solutions (e.g., artificial intelligence, the internet of things, virtual/augmented/mixed-reality, robotics, 5G) are becoming more intelligent and ubiquitous for utilization of data-driven health applications. Digital innovations at the community and primary health facility level is important for strengthening the linkages with, and use of, formal health services, while also supporting the institutionalization and strengthening of the community health system as a whole. The term “digital health”, which includes health informatics, as well as both mHealth and eHealth, describes the general use of information and communication technologies (digital, mobile, and wireless) to support the achievement of health objectives. This position will ultimately be responsible for helping to build the capacity and knowledge of digital health across the university, as well as throughout the region.
Candidates must demonstrate proven experience in the digital health field – especially concerning the deployment of information systems and mHealth solutions, such as decision support and client communication tools. IT knowledge should span from a micro-level of, for example, building and developing mobile applications (apps), to a macro-level of interoperability and systems level digital architecture. The candidate should be broadly familiar with the diverse areas that fall under the umbrella of digital health including in: healthcare data storage, sharing, data protection, and other areas of health informatics; supporting systems for epidemiological surveillance; telemedicine and other uses of IT in medical diagnosis, treatment, and patient monitoring (including onsite and remote biosensors); mobile applications; artificial intelligence and drone technologies. A background in IT innovation and implementation science will also be important for this position.
A background in curriculum development and administration are essential for this position, as UGHE seeks to develop a masters-level program in digital health, in addition to becoming a World Health Organization Collaborating Center for Africa (the first on the continent).
- Design and deliver courses that fall under the rubric of digital health that include courses in: health informatics, data science, building digital health systems, OpenMRS and medical record sharing, health, and mobile application design, biosensors, and remote patient monitoring, and AI and drone technologies.
- Liaise with other departments in the university to embed digital health throughout university curricula.
- Administer and collaborate on all digital health delivery.
- Conduct research and scholarship that contributes to the development of the field of digital health.
- Contribute to the academic and community service as needed.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree (Ph.D. is desired) in Health Information Management with training in information systems, data science, and/or computer science, and evidence of healthcare-related work experience.
- Broad familiarity with the field of Digital Health.
- Background in teaching, research, and scholarship.
- Prior work in the private and academic sectors is desirable.
- Excellent spoken and written English (fluency in French is desired).
- Experience developing digital health solutions.
- Familiarity with current trends in digital health.