Executive Chef 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Our client in the Hospitality Industry is looking for a Chef
Main Purpose & Scope of the Job
The Chef oversees food preparation and cooking in the restaurant. He will be responsible for preparing high quality meals, creative plating, ensuring hygiene and safety standards are met, timely meals preparation and delegate some operations to kitchen staff.
Duties and Responsibilities;
• Ensure that all dishes are cooked well and presented in an aesthetically pleasing way
• Oversee food preparation, checking that all kitchen staff are performing their duties
• Monitor equipment quality and liaise with the head chef to order new equipment as needed
• Supervise cooks and delegate to kitchen staff.
• Assist in training new kitchen staff
• Preparing meals and food to meet the specifications of guests in a timely manner
• Properly measuring kitchen ingredients and food portions
• Ensuring kitchen staff adhere to set standards, procedures, department rules and sanitation requirements
• Using kitchen knives and equipment such as grills, ovens, steamers and warmers in food preparation
• Managing the kitchen inventory and ensuring supplies are fresh and of high quality
• Ensuring proper food temperatures when cooking and proper storage afterward
• Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area
• Taking charge of kitchen opening, closing and other side duties as directed by the Head Chef
• Diploma in Food production or any related field
• Proven work experience as a chef
• Should have Leadership skills
• Preferrably Male
• Should be Mature
• Should be able to come up with a menu
• An up-to-date Medical Food Handlers Certificate
• Hands-on experience with various kitchen equipment
• Great Customer service
• Flexible and able to work for long hours.
• Up-to date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes.
• Great planning and Organizational skills
• Time management skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work under extreme pressure
• Ability to communicate in a fast-moving environment
• Ability to make good food consistently, even in a busy kitchen
Starting Salary: 30000
Vacancies in Hospitality, Tourism & TravelView and Apply
No featured Employer yet. Please check back later.