Executive Assistant At Akademiya2063
Executive Assistant At Akademiya2063 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Chief of Staff, ensuring full confidentiality in all aspects of assignments, the Executive Assistant will perform the following duties:
- Responsible for highly proactive time, travel, and calendar management on behalf of the Executive Office Team, including effective prioritization and resolution of related conflicts and competing demands.
- Participate in and prepare minutes of meetings for the Executive Office Team, including the regular Management Committee (MC) meetings.
- Independently respond to diverse inquiries and make decisions when multiple courses of action are possible. Keep relevant parties informed of actions taken by the Executive Office by providing pertinent information, reports, or status updates.
- Assist with the coordination and logistical matters for all Board and committee meetings including managing travel, accommodation, and any other arrangements for Trustees.
- Assist in the planning of board meetings including the preparation and assembly of board documents and materials.
- Assist in the planning of events for the Board and the Executive Office when needed as well as providing support on major events, where Board involvement is required.
- Coordinate the planning of local and international travel for the unit and process travel expenses.
- Lead in the preparation, execution, and follow-up for Unit meetings as well as events and other engagements for the team. Schedule regular meetings as directed, document minutes and action plans as required.
- Organize documents of the Executive Office for ease of retrieval and references and maintain the office’s database and documentation.
- Tracking of progress on agreed issues; follow-up with focal points on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken, and coordination of collection and submission of reports to members of the Executive Office Team as needed.
- Screening of incoming communications, filter outgoing correspondence for signature, clearance, and further action by other staff, wherever needed. Adherence to appropriate protocol and correspondence guidelines when communicating with partners.
- Establish and maintain contacts with executive assistants of all relevant senior government officials, development partners, embassies, etc., relevant for the communications of the Executive Office Team.
- Lead and manage the Administrative Support Team (AST)
- Any other duties as assigned or required.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Minimum of 7 years work experience in an executive assistant, administration, or related role preferably with international development organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in any relevant field.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to process, handle, and communicate matters of a sensitive and confidential nature with a high degree of judgment and maturity.
- Ability to organize, coordinate, monitor, and implement tasks and projects. Demonstrate ownership and accountability for results. Demonstrate innovation and creativity in promoting effectiveness.
- Ability to deal tactfully, diplomatically, and effectively with internal/external contacts at all levels in a multicultural environment. Demonstrated ability to independently respond to extensive and diverse inquiries and make decisions when multiple courses of action are possible.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to speak articulately and to write clearly, precisely, and concisely for various audiences, and a strong ability to work within a team environment.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and time management skills with proven ability to work promptly and efficiently under pressure and meet tight deadlines. Ability to shift gears at short notice to work on a wide range of assignments, remaining flexible and effective with a clear understanding of objectives to be achieved.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to reorganize, edit and draft a variety of documents.
- Strong planning and organizing skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills; courtesy, tact, patience, and team orientation.
- Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work amidst competing demands.
- Computer proficiency, especially in MS Office applications; ability to learn new applications quickly.
- Good command of English; working knowledge of French would be an added advent
- Commitment to AKADEMIYA2063’s mission and core values.