Exciting Job Opening At Desert Locust Control Organization For Eastern Africa!
Exciting Job Opening At Desert Locust Control Organization For Eastern Africa! 3 PositionsEmploi Recruitment
Desert Locust Control Organization for Eastern Africa
Established by International Convention signed by the Governments of Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan,Tanzania, Uganda and registered with the United Nations
HEADQUARTERS: ADDIS ABABA, ETHIOPIA
1. Job Title: Aircraft Engineer/ Head of Safety
- Job classification: Professional Staff/General
- Terms of Appointment: 3 years Contract (Renewable)
- Salary and Benefits: A competitive Salary and benefits package will be offered according to the Organization’s salary structure.
Summary of Duties & Responsibilities: The Head of Safety is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of an effective safety management system. Among other things, the Head of safety is responsible for developing the safety policy of the Organization, communicate the safety policy throughout the Organization; review the safety policy to ensure it remains relevant and appropriate to the Organization; and ensure safety promotion throughout the Organization.
- A technically qualified person in the field of aircraft maintenance or flight operations;
- At least five years’ experience in the field of aircraft maintenance or flight operations;
- Shall have knowledge to fulfill and perform safety audit tasks as required by regulation;
- Must have successfully completed training in safety management systems course recognized by the Authority;
- Ability to work in harmony with people of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds is essential;
- Age 35-55 years
2. Job Title: Aircraft Engineer/Head of Quality
Job Classification: Professional Staff
Terms of Appointment: 3 years Contract (Renewable)
Salary and Benefits: A competitive Salary and benefits package will be offered according to the Organization’s salary structure.
Summary of Duties & Responsibilities:
The Head of Quality shall be responsible for monitoring the Approved Maintenance Organization (AMO) compliance with Regulations and coordinating the activities required to meet these standards.
- A licensed maintenance engineer.
- At least five years’experience in the field of aircraft maintenance of which three years should have been acquired in a quality department;
- Must have successfully completed training in quality management course recognized by the Authority.
- Ability to work in harmony with people of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds is essential.
- Age 35-55 years
3. Job Title: Director
The Organization invites applications to fill the positions of Director and Aircraft Engineers. The applicants must be nationals of the contracting Member States.
- Job Title: Director
- Job Classification: Professional Staff
- Terms of Appointment: 3 years Contract Renewable once)
- Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Salary and Benefits: A competitive Salary and Benefits package will be offered according to the Organization salary structure.
Duties & Responsibilities: Working under the Governing Council of Ministers, the Director shall be the Principal Executive Officer responsible for the overall policy direction and operations of the Organization. The duties of the Director shall be those necessary to ensure the discharge of the main functions of the Organization which include:
- Aerial surveys and control of mandated migrant pests
- Operational research programmes and activities focusing on the control of migrant pests, pesticide use and safety
- Coordination of the information flow and forecasting upsurges of the migrant pests; and
- Staff development.
The Director shall also be responsible for:
- The transmission by means of periodic reports to Contracting States, to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations and to any other official body considered appropriate by the Council, of full information on the nature of the locust infestations and other mandated pests, the progress of research and the operation of control measures within the Region;
- The maintenance of full cooperation with other Organizations concerned with the general directives of the Council;
- The collection of the contributions of Contracting States;
- The maintenance of the Organization’s Financial Accounts
- A Master of Science (M.Sc.) Degree in Agriculture or related field from a recognized University. An earned PhD will be an added advantage/preferable.
- Postgraduate training in Business Administration /
- Working experience of not less than 10 years in a senior level Management in a related discipline.
- Proven ability to work in harmony with people of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds is highly desirable.
- Age 40-55 years