Exciting Career Opportunity At Acacia Epz Limited. Check It Out And Apply!!
Exciting Career Opportunity At Acacia Epz Limited. Check It Out And Apply!! 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Finance Manager at Acacia EPZ Limited
A social enterprise which provides eco-friendly cooking and fuel solutions for Kenya. Our first product line is Kuni Safi, a smokeless alternative to firewood made from recycled sugarcane waste. We supply schools, children’s homes, hospitals, hotels, and factories.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer/Owner Board
Location: EPZA Athi River
Prepared: October 12, 2011
Primary role: oversee financial management, management information system and analytical services that help others on the management team optimize decisions. The role will lead the finance function for the business and will be responsible for an ERP implementation project as a priority. The company is in the process of growing its countrywide setup quite significantly so we are looking for someone that recognises the exciting opportunity that lies ahead, this role therefore requires a hands on, autonomous, approach to help grow the team.
To be considered for this role it is essential that the candidate has experience of setting up and/or implementing an ERP system.
Overall Job Description
- To oversee and manage the preparation of accounting records and reports to ensure the provision of timely and accurate financial information in accordance with prescribed financial policies, standards and statutory requirements.
- Developing and introducing systems and procedures that will enable the company to meet the reporting, budgeting and budget control requirements.
- Preparing and maintaining accurate, timely, complete and reliable periodical financial reports and ensure that all financial transactions comply with set company policies and procedures.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
1. Financial Reporting
- Consistently analyze financial data for purposes of timely monitoring of progress/performance, financial outlook, projection and forecasting.
- Preparation of project-specific financial reports and statement of expenditure.
- Statutory Compliance – ensuring compliance and timely filling with the Export Processing Zones Authority and other relevant Government agencies including the Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Prepare/perform financial analysis for all company projects.
- Support the Directors to identify and address issues and trends in accounting and finances.
2. Budget Management and Controls
- Preparation of budgets and performing detailed well-explained variance analysis. Manage the annual budget process, providing guidance and support to Directors and other team members where needed.
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs and project budgets and actual expenses.
- Document budget management and control procedures and recommend process improvements.
- Monitor investment portfolio as appropriate and bank balance positions during the year.
- Manage organizational cash flow forecasting in partnership with Directors.
3. Financial Systems and Controls
- Ensure compliance by staff regarding the use and application of internal financial systems and controls.
- Take lead in undertaking Internal audit.
- Facilitate and support external audit sanctioned by the Board of Directors.
- Enforce project-related financial controls.
- Manage creditors/debtors and staff advance accounts.
- Thorough audit of all transactions, ensure appropriate purchase order matching, credit terms and adherence to appropriate authorization and budget confirmation and clearance.
- Approve bank payments and receipts ensuring all cash inflows and outflows are properly recorded and bank accounts are reconciled at the end of each month.
- Ensure that complete documentation and audit trails for each transaction are maintained, filled and easily retrieved.
- Ensure that financial statements are accurate and that they reflect the position of the organization, and that documentation is complete and ready for audit.
- Ensure continuous automation of accounting procedures and full utilization of the ERP software.
- Create and maintain finance manuals and other working documents as needed to ensure staff adherence to recommended practices and procedures.
4. People Management and Coordination
- Supervise and oversee junior accounting staff by providing instruction and guidance on daily work responsibilities and application of financial procedures.
- Manage and motivate Finance Department staff to ensure the department meets its obligations and goals.
- Coordinate with other Managers and serve the Board of Directors.
5. Other Projects
- Support organizational strategic and annual planning, and participate in a variety of special projects, reporting and initiatives as required.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the directors.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to taking independent charge of Finance Section functions
- Ability to act as a team player who coach, support and train staff and colleagues
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders as a confident representative of Acacia EPZ Limited.
- Works with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to AEPZ’s core values and principles.
- Awareness and sensitivity of self and others. Well planned and organized.
- Capacity for taking initiative and making decisions, with competent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field required, a Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- CPAK / ACCA qualifications in good standing and a member of professional body.
- Competence in the use of varied ERP systems. Specific knowledge and experience in Web ERP system is an added advantage.
- 3 years working experience with at least 2 years in a Finance Management position.
- Thorough understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards and various regional statutory requirements and their application
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint mandatory)
- Expertise in strategic management, project planning and budgeting, implementation as well as monitoring and evaluation.
This role reports to the CEO.
Do you want to increase your chances of landing this job? Request for CV editing today!