Exciting Career Opportunities At Wetu
Exciting Career Opportunities At Wetu 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Homa Bay, Kenya
Wetu was born in 2009 to explore and disrupt how the industry works and sells travel. Paul de Waal had a vision of transforming the trade with technology that empowers stakeholders to match modern traveller demands and to compete more effectively.
We are looking for a self-driven and energetic Project Assistant to support the operations of our e-mobility services, (potential) e-mobility clients, and the coordination of related activities in Western Kenya.
You support the testing of business models in the e-mobility sector for local clients, building partnerships with crucial stakeholders such as local boda-boda associations, and the data collection from pilot testing.
The location of employment is Homa Bay with regular travel to other WeTu Hubs (Mbita, Sori, Sindo, etc.).
Your responsibilities are …
Support the piloting & implementation of our business models for e-Mobility services
- Support the research of viable business cases, users and financial models
- Support the planning of all activities related to testing business cases at our hubs
- Support the collection of data from pilot testing, ensuring completion and quality. Help analyze and interpret the data and draw the first conclusions about our products and the customers’ feedback.
- Participate in team meetings and calls with stakeholders in Germany to analyze the success of the pilots and draw learnings for a potential business model.
Ongoing innovation and improvement of our business models and our operations
- Continuously understand the needs and interests of our customers
- Develop further use cases/business models for e.g. solar-powered appliances in agriculture, fishing, and house lighting systems
- Develop and implement your own ideas
Support facilitation of partnerships for business models and piloting
- Support relationship management with partners and customers.
- Building strong relations with customers to increase satisfaction and gather feedback (Regular visits, e.g. once a week, of pilot hubs)
We are looking for you if you …
- are excited about working in a social enterprise and pushing innovation in rural development through business approaches
- see potential and opportunities in WeTu’s products
- have at least 1 year of work experience in supporting business development, operations, introducing a new product in the market or similar roles with first results
- have experience working in rural/peri-urban settings and feel confident working with market women, Boda Boda operators, local fishermen, and other local user groups
- are willing to travel regularly to the various hub locations in the area
- enjoy a customer-driven job and stay energized through constant people interaction
- are very organized, with good time management skills
- have good writing skills: professional e-mails, actionable meeting minutes and concise project and research write-ups
- have experience in designing a project in partnership with the local community or clients (understanding of design thinking or user-centric design principles are considered a plus)
- know how to capture sales data in Excel and prepare a basic analysis
- are self-driven and know how to make things happen with minimal supervision
- anticipate issues and have a proven record of being resourceful in complex environments, e.g. decentralized, virtual or international teams
- have excellent computer and Microsoft Office skills
- hold a bachelor’s degree in business studies, social sciences, and economics or related.
- female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
You fit into our culture if you …
- are excited about moving a social enterprise forward and implement state of the art technology and business models
- are passionate about sustainability and new forms of transport
- enjoy working in a peri-urban environment with different locations to pilot innovative business models
- learn fast and adapt quickly to new demands
- enjoy working with diverse clients as well as an international board
If you work with us, you will …
- be part of driving socio-economic development through business expansion and growth in Homa Bay, Migori and Siaya County
- see the results of your work and leave your footprint: shape, pilot, test and implement innovative business models
- work in a value-led organization
- be exposed to research and technology partners from Germany and other international and national players
- be provided with health insurance
The position is based in Homa Bay. Our staff is spread over the seven WeTu locations so regular local travel is required. The ideal start date is October 2020, as we are starting our pilots on the ground soon. We are looking for candidates who want to grow with us and are ready to commit to at least two years.
There is a three-month probation period and we will agree on performance and learning objectives.
Increase your chances of landing this job and be among the shortlisted by requesting for free CV review HERE