Estates Officer (grade 9) At Deloitte Consulting
Estates Officer (grade 9) At Deloitte Consulting 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Deloitte Consulting is a leading provider of innovative development solutions to U.S. and international donors, foundations, governments, and Fortune 500 companies. With member firm presence in more than 150 countries, we bring the power of a global firm and leverage our immense technical expertise and firm capabilities to bring integrated approaches to US Agency for International Development.
Our Client, National Housing Corporation (NHC) is a statutory body established by an Act of Parliament Cap. 117 whose mandate is to implement the Government’s Housing Policies and Programmes. NHC is seeking to recruit results-driven and highly motivated individuals to fill the following exciting and challenging positions of Estates Officer
The Estates Division’s main purpose is that of managing all NHC-developed projects and properties. Its overall responsibility includes administration maintenance and undertaking repair works of all Corporation schemes and properties, regional coordination, marketing, and sales of NHC developed houses as well as carrying out valuations, feasibility, and market studies for the Corporation.
Reporting to the Chief Estates Officer, the Estates Officer will be responsible for broad property and estate management functions as well as repair and maintenance duties; undertaking of market surveys and administration of leases/tenancy/tenant purchase agreements for the Corporation’s rental and tenant purchase schemes:
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake feasibility studies to determine project viability;
- Undertake market surveys and studies on comparative rents, property market prices and advises management accordingly;
- Prepare, update and maintain the Corporation’s assets register; monitor leases and tenancy agreements for rental and tenant purchase schemes;
- Take responsibility for advertising and marketing of properties developed by the Corporation;
- Undertake valuations of properties and Corporation’s assets for all intents and purposes including insurance, sale, and disposal under guidance from the Senior Estates Officer, Valuation; and
- Undertake Estates Management functions related to letting and sale of properties and rent default
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Land Economics, Real Estate or equivalent from a recognized University;
- Possess a post-graduate diploma in any of the following fields: Property Management/ Housing Administration/Valuation/Estates Management;
- Be registered as a full member in good standing of the Institution of Surveyors of Kenya (ISK) for a minimum period of six (6) years;
- Have nine (9) years’ work experience in Real Estate, Housing or Property Management; and
- Demonstrate practical knowledge of existing Property laws and Real Estate management.
- Knowledge of computerized systems relevant to the position.
- A highly analytical individual with the ability to gather, analyze and evaluate facts and with the ability to prepare and present concise oral and written reports;
- Demonstrate excellent managerial and leadership skills and an effective communicator;
- Personal integrity with good work ethics and knowledge of principles of good corporate governance;
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Candidates will be required to satisfy the following additional requirements:
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau; and
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
Remuneration & Employment Terms
Grade 09 – Gross: Ksh. 114,774 – 159,889 Per monthGrade month
All positions will be on a three (3) year renewable contract.
Successful candidates will be subject to performance contracting.