Electrical And Electronics Engineering (telecommunication Option) Technician
Electrical And Electronics Engineering (telecommunication Option) Technician 1 PositionEldoret National Polytechnic
The Eldoret National Polytechnic has recorded tremendous growth in the development of middle-level training as an institution since inception. It has continually fulfilled its mandate in training young people to acquire skills and technical knowledge that are in line with the industrial growth of our country.
Under indirect supervision, provide expert technical support and assistance to Trainers and Trainees. Develop and maintain all technical aspects within the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (Telecommunication option), oversee and co-ordinate workshop practical equipment, maintenance, store ledgers, inventory, and supplies.
- KNEC Higher Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (Telecommunications option) or its equivalent from a recognized Institution.
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience.
- Proven ability to maintain safe working practices whilst complying with health and safety and hygiene regulations.
- Proven experience of maintenance and operation of telecommunication machinery and other workshop equipment
- Preparing the workshop, resources, materials, equipment, and tools before classes begin to carry out practical activities.
- Assisting trainers during practical lessons and ensuring that trainees use safe working practices.
- Supervising correct usage of resources, materials, and equipment by Trainers and Trainees.
- Assisting Trainees with experimental and project work.
- Accounting for resources, materials, and equipment at the end of practical sessions.
- In consultation with the HOD- Electrical, and Electronics Engineering Department, raise requisitions for materials and other supplies needed for telecommunications lessons.
- Reporting any breakages, faulty, malfunctioning or loss of workshop equipment and supplies to the HOD- Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department.
- Always ensuring that the safety environment in the workshop is maintained.
- Reading blueprints, drawings and sketches to fully grasp requirements and interpreting the same to the trainees.