Eir Engineer 1 PositionCasameza
- Installation & Integration experience of EIR systems.
- Understanding the IMEI Check Procedure for both CS & PS across all Air interfaces.
- Provide support for all EIR systems, including MNOs EIR systems.
- Maintain Central EIR solution for the business, including, Interaction with clients and stakeholders.
- Work closely with other infrastructure engineers to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems (some after-hours and on-call work required).
- Provide thought leadership and help develop best practices and preferred methods.
- Have a comprehensive GSM, SS7, Diameter background and thorough understanding of 3GPP standards related to SIP, VoIP and EIR.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend architectural improvements and new technologies.
- Have experience working in highly virtualized public and private cloud environments.
- Ensure that thorough capacity, health, and security monitoring is implemented for all telecommunications services.
- Understand ITIL concepts and how to apply them effectively in the enterprise.
- Recognize the importance of and be able to generate excellent documentation and diagrams.
- Engage in active listening and have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate a proven ability to learn and grow through self-study.
- Act as a collaborative service provider to our internal and external customers.
- Provide mentorship to junior team members and lead by example.
- Understand that every delivered solution must be consistent, redundant, standards compliant, well monitored, and thoroughly documented.
- Have experience supporting a large, fast-paced, always-on, enterprise technology organization.
Candidates should possess following personal attributes:
- Must have very strong routing & switching skillset.
- English literacy (read, write and speak) is mandatory.
- French literacy (read, write and speak) is favorable but not required.
- Work with the support team to resolve customer issues and interface with mobile network operators in support of existing and new service offerings.
- Willingness to occasionally work off hours to support network maintenance.
- 5+ years of practical, hands-on experience working for a Mobile Network Operator.
- Proficiency with telephony-related networking fundamentals (VoIP, SIP, QoS, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunication, Electrical or information technology related field or equivalent work experience.
- General IT skills.
- Linux knowledge.
- Networking protocols: LAN (TCP/IP, ICMP, UDP, SNMP, DNS, NTP, etc.), multiple routing (RIP II, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, etc.), WAN (PPP, Frame Relay, etc.), various network analysis tools (Wireshark, TCPDUMP, etc.).
- Applications: Microsoft Project Excel/Word/PowerPoint; and Visio.
- Telecommunication and protocol concepts: Diameter, SS7 (SIGTRAN), HTTP on Huawei CS/PS Network Elements.
- Extensive networking experience configuring, installing, and maintaining LANs, WANs, routers, switches, Firewalls (Juniper & Cisco), Linux and Windows servers and clients, Open Monitoring Systems, CCNA is a plus.
- Database Skills (SQL Queries)
- Experience with DMC equipment (Device Management Center) will be a plus
- Respect the deadlines.
- Innovative, Open mind, Collaborative.
- Good organizational, presentation and communication skills.
- Consistent in using standard processes and tools.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering/ Telecommunication Engineering/Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Have 5+ years of experience in Operation and Maintenance of telecom networks.