East Africa Business Development Lead At Icf
East Africa Business Development Lead At Icf 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
· Facilitate the effective growth of an East African business pipeline of pursuits worth $25M+.
· Use your deep and current connections with potential clients to fully understand their current and upcoming needs. Translate evolving requirements, operations, and programs into new ICF engagements and relationships and demonstrate to clients how ICF can resolve their most challenging problems.
· Develop long-range regional and country-specific business development plans.
· Represent the country teams and ICF in business development efforts, including with clients, donors, partners, and other stakeholders.
· Work with ICF HQ staff and country teams to conduct landscaping analyses that can inform an overall program development strategy.
· Build close relationships with country teams in East Africa and U.S. HQ staff to ensure delivery of the full life cycle of business development services, from strategic guidance for positioning to proposal management.
· Lead short- and long-term assistance in identifying viable business opportunities and developing and implementing capture plans.
· Provide analysis and recommendations for bid decisions.
· Contribute to proposal development by developing proposal approaches, writing sections, reviewing the contributions of others, and ensuring proposal quality and compliance with ICF and donor requirements.
· Network and share information on ICF’s country, regional, and global health efforts to build our organizational reputation and brand in the region.
· Use ICF’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software (Dynamics) to capture information on opportunities and partnerships.
· Bachelor’s degree in international development, public health, or related field required. Master’s degree preferred
· Demonstrated success building a pipeline and selling work in East Africa
· 7+ years of demonstrated leadership and management skills across the business development continuum from trend analysis, strategy development through proposal development, production, compliance, and delivery
· Demonstrated expertise developing proposals for USAID contracts as well as for other donors (e.g., Global Fund, DFID, EU, etc.). Experience working with private foundations and corporations a plus, as is experience with other USG donors such as U.S. CDC, NIH, etc
· Demonstrated skills and experience organizing teams to produce high-quality proposals on tight deadlines
· Experience working in the East African region
· Demonstrated knowledge of proposal rules, regulations, and processes, demonstrated history of success in winning awards and demonstrated experience working in a team environment with country program and technical staff, as well as external partners
· Experience working in global health
· Demonstrated skill in managing communications with clients, partners, and donors
· Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office, SharePoint, and CRM platforms
· Ability to travel domestically and internationally when it’s deemed safe and appropriate to do so
· Must have legal authorization to work in Kenya