Driver 1 PositionKenya Defence Forces
The Kenya Defence Forces are the armed forces of the Republic of Kenya. The Kenya Army, Kenya Navy, and Kenya Air Force comprise the national Defence Forces. The current Kenya Defence Forces were established, and its composition laid out, in Article 241 of the 2010 Constitution of Kenya; the KDF is governed by the Kenya Defence Forces Act of 2012.
House Allowance: Depending on area of deployment Commuter Allowance: Kshs. 3,000
Leave Allowance: Kshs. 4,000 (Once yearly)
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable.
This is the entry grade into the driver’s cadre. Duties and responsibilities at this level will involve:
- driving a motor vehicle as authorized;
- carrying out routine checks on the vehicle’s cooling, oil, electrical and brake systems, tire pressure, etc.;
- detecting and reporting malfunction of vehicle systems; maintenance of work tickets for vehicles assigned;
- ensuring security and safety for the vehicle on and off the road;
- safety of the passengers and/or goods therein; and maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle.
For appointment to this grade, the candidate must have: –
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade D (Plain) or its equivalent qualification;
- a valid driving license free from any current endorsement(s) for class(es) of vehicle(s) an officer is required to drive;
- attended a First-Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than one (1) week at St. John Ambulance or Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized Institution;
- passed Suitability Test for Driver Grade III;
- a current Certificate of Good Conduct from the Kenya Police; and
- At least two (2) years driving experience