Director Of Compliance At Fair Competition Commission
Director Of Compliance At Fair Competition Commission 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Fair Competition Commission
The Fair Competition Commission is an independent Government Body established under the Fair Competition Act, 2003 (No. 8 of 2003) to promote and protect effective competition in trade and commerce and to protect consumer from unfair and misleading market conduct. The ultimate goal of the Act is to increase efficiency in the production, distribution and supply of goods and services.
The Fair Competition Commission (FCC) invites Public Servants to submit their applications to fill the post identified below: –
|DIRECTOR OF COMPLIANCE||FCC/DC/ 01/2020|
Reports to: Director General
- Head of Investigation,
- Head of Enforcement; and
- Head of Consumer Protection.
Qualifications for the Post:
- Holder of Master’s Degree in the field of Law from any recognized university, with at least 10 years experience in the field of Law and should be an Advocate of the High Court. Possession of computer knowledge is an added advantage.
- Be able to perform the functions and duties competently and honestly;
- Demonstrate a high standard of professional competence and managerial ability.
Key Duties and Responsibilities;
In particular, the Director will have responsibility for:
- Advising the Director General on matters related to investigation, enforcement; and consumer protection;
- Reviewing all complaints filed with the Commission (other than consumer complaints) and advise the Commission on appropriate course of action;
- Ensuring that investigations are adequately carried out on alleged violations of the FCA;
- Deciding whether cases that have been considered by the Investigation Department require further action;
- Ensuring that cases are presented to the Commission with appropriate recommendations;
- Convening case hearing meetings of the Commission and ensuring proper recording of the proceedings in audio and written forms;
- Preparing enforcement orders to ensure compliance with the FCA as directed by the Commission;
- Monitoring compliance with enforcement orders and recommend appropriate action relating to any violations of the orders to the Commission;
- Representing the Commission in appeals filed in the Fair Competition Tribunal, the High Court or the Court of Appeal;
- Advising the Director General on product recalls;
- Maintaining a Public Register as provided under Section 77 of FCA;
- Ensuring that the Commission’s obligations in respect to consumer protection are carried out;
- Preparing annual, monthly and weekly work plans for the Division as a whole and to each staff member in the Division;
- Ensuring efficient allocation of resources in the Division;
- Monitoring the performance of the directorate against agreed performance targets.
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the Director General from time to time.
Salary Scale – FCCGSS 12