Director Of Business Development At Pass Trust
Director Of Business Development At Pass Trust 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Director of Business Development
PASS Trust is looking to bring on a Director of Business Development (BDB). This position reports to the Managing Director (MD). DBD is a member of the Leadership Team and plays a critical role in strategic decision-making and Business Development.
The area of responsibility for this role is very wide and thus requires thorough knowledge of various Business processes. The ideal candidate must be an excellent leader who can discover the most efficient ways to run the business. The goal is to safeguard and augment the efficiency of the trusts Business to facilitate accelerating agriculture development and long-term success
To support business at the Corporate Level which include review of business proposals, managing relationship with financial institutions, partner institutions, donors government and other stakeholders.
- Promoting and informing about role of PASS, at meetings with potential clients, at visits to clients, through handouts, posters, advertising, etc.
- Design and establishment of feasible models for activities at smallholder farmer levels, including diversification of crops, improvement of production practices etc.
- Supervising and coordinating all business operations at corporate level
- Ensuring quality of proposals presented for support and assisting the organization in improving on proposals into Business Plans of acceptable standards.
- Identification, and preparation of solutions for bottlenecks in agriculture performance e.g. market access, processing, appropriate mechanization etc
- Identify, map and forge strategic working relations with banks, local authorities and other programs that would deploy the credit guarantee with agricultural projects in the country.
- Monitoring the performance of the Business in relation to respective business plans and budgets. Carry out regular performance appraisal of Business as Department.
- Reporting to the management on progress according to the agreed procedures.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business and similar disciplines, an advanced degree (MBA, M.Sc.) in Business is preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in business development, agri – finance, agribusiness, relationship management, corporate strategy, financial analysis, business planning, agribusiness development, monitoring and evaluation.
- Knowledge and experience in facilitation of lending to smallholders including experience in negotiating with banks.
- Adequate experience in agricultural supply chain interventions for enhancement of small/medium scale agricultural development.
- Hands-on experience successfully supporting the evaluation, negotiation, and closing a variety of large and complex partnership transactions.