Digital Financial Services Assurance Analyst
Digital Financial Services Assurance Analyst 1 PositionCasameza
- Job Purpose
The primary focus of the Digital Financial Services (DFS) Assurance Analyst is reduced losses and risk for the business by determining fraud management requirements.
You will monitor DFS solutions with a key focus on Mobile Financial Services (MFS).
You will work with management to design and implement security and fraud management standards, policies, and procedures to manage and minimize the risk of fraud.
You will provide the business with assurance services on MFS revenues, prevent leakages and perform professional audit work individually or as a part of a team to guarantee the quality of product and identify and mitigate cash risks as part of Revenue Assurance value addition.
- Principal Accountabilities
- Monitor agent transaction and account activity for potentially fraudulent activity including identity theft, account take over, friendly fraud, and other identified risks.
- Conduct forensic investigations to identify unknown revenue issues or establish the cause of known revenue issues.
- Investigate forgery and theft within customers’ accounts and transactions on behalf of the service provider with a key focus on mobile financial services.
- Identify and trace any suspicious or high-risk transactions, determine if there is improper activity involved, and determine if there is any risk to the business or its customers.
- Coordinate information requests and analyze performance reporting to identify potential risk areas and escalate resource needs as necessary. Perform data management and analysis on fraud cases.
- Effectively communicate with appropriate authorities to resolve fraud concerns.
- Advise the business on current trends regarding chargeback-related issues and regulations.
- Identify and track current fraud trends by reviewing transaction and account patterns.
- Propose modifications and enhancement of information, processes, systems, technology, or organization to correct and minimize detected errors.
- Generate reports to the business on detection, correction and prevention of fraud and revenue loss and guide the business on implementation of the same.
- Develop and maintain models for analyzing fraud within the business to determine patterns of fraud, identify gaps in process and security and recommend improvements.
- Test and provide feedback on process and system improvements that are based on changing fraud trends and patterns.
- Work closely with internal functions including Disputes, Recoveries, Customer Service, and Compliance.
- Guide and lead the business in developing sound security and fraud management standards, policies, and procedures to minimize risk of fraud.
- Work with internal teams to develop and implement policies and management procedures to reduce risk of revenue loss from daily operational processes.
- Work with internal teams to Implement tools and processes for investigating, comparing, and auditing processes and data to help the business establish the root cause behind detected errors and deviations.
- Provide operational risk management support to the Mobile Financial Services Business with emphasis on ensuring end to end continuous transaction monitoring.
- Ensure mobile financial services systems are audited and reviewed to help businesses identify system loopholes, bugs, system errors, transaction errors, process weaknesses analyzing all elements of the transaction.
- Put in place systems and processes to minimize the risk of transactional and system errors and loopholes.
- Provide the management risk awareness and advice on transactional/operational risks in different sectors and new businesses such us but not limited to MFS Cash, Bill payments, Microfinance, Micro Insurance, International Remittances, Outgoing Remittances, etc.
- Responsible for identifying and tracking MFS leakages and establish the value added to the business as a result of prevention.
- Perform verifications for all MFS transactions being disputed by customer, agents, and business partners for refunds.
- Responsible for all system accounts reconciliation on opening, movement and closing balances as per established reconciliation KPIs.
- Put in place alarms on the MFS transaction for tracking and monitoring illegal activities and ensure proper actions are taken to correct and prevent future fraud from happening.
- Perform end to end review of MFS business to identify risk areas and were applicable new controls to be introduced.
- Undertake product assurance for all MFS products and conduct margin analysis of all products to establish profitability over time.
- Execution of all internal controls provided for MFS business on RA domain on time and accurate and ensure all issues are resolved on time.
- Provide and assure correctness of revenue reports and associated direct and indirect costs on approved intervals.
- Preparation of all MFS RA reports required by management and supervisor.
- Network design verification.
- Support Network audit.
- Ensuring regulatory standards are met.
- Provide on-the-job training and guidance to colleagues in specific data-related tasks where appropriate.
- On-time reporting to direct Line Manager.
- Work on tasks assigned by Line Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Any other tasks assigned by Supervisor.
- Personal Attributes
- Keen and analytical with an eye for details.
- Self-driven with the ability to work independently.
- Creative and results oriented with a focus on achieving set targets.
- An excellent communicator with good interpersonal and team building skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Flexible and responsive to changing work demands.
- Ability to arouse Self-Curiosity based on new events, concluding meaningful patterns, and deriving Knowledge from the same events where applicable.
- Self-learning and resourceful.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in financial services or a similar role.
- At least 3 years’ experience using Analytics techniques in Linear and Logistic Regression, Clustering Techniques, Neural Network, Decision Trees, etc.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Revenue assurance analyst with at least 2 years of senior management reporting. Industry experience in Telecoms, payment services, Fintech environment, e-commerce or Banking is preferred.
- Detailed understanding of digital financial solutions and, mobile financial solutions.
- Possess the ability to identify, assess, monitor, control, and mitigate risks.
- Advanced analysis and organizing competence.
- Knowledge of SQL/Oracle scripting, Databases, Microsoft Access, Advanced Excel.
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework for financial services, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to Fraud Risk Management.
- Familiarity with wide array of Fraud Analysis tools, applications, and solutions.
- Ready to assess, experiment or propose new Analysis tools.
- Firm knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Structured Query Language (SQL), and Linux Shell scripting is a plus.
- Knowledge of Key Accounting Principles that form the basis of Accounting Systems is an added advantage.
- Work experiences with Mobile Money Services and Mobile Network Operators
- Work experience in audit is an added advantage
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), Certified Fraud examiner, Certified information systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified internal auditor is an added advantage.
- Professional qualification in Finance or Accounting such as CPA or ACCA is an added advantage.
- Educational Qualifications
University Degree in Computer Science, IT, Finance, Accounting, Forensics, Business, Banking, Law or Criminal Justice. Professional qualifications in Database Interrogation, administration, programming knowledge and Offensive Cybersecurity certifications like CEH, OSCA and OSCP are an added advantage.