Digifarm Executive Assistant
Digifarm Executive Assistant 1 PositionSafaricom Plc
Safaricom is a leading communications company in Kenya with the widest and strongest coverage. The home of the famous Mobile Money service- M-PESA
Brief Posting Description
Reporting to the General Manager, the role involves managing the full administrative duties and support required of the office of the General Manager and general administrative role to the wider department while also giving support to the projects running throughout DigiFarm.
- Manage the full administrative duties of the GM’s office – calendar oversight for meetings and events, responding to inquiries, correspondence both telephone and written directed to the GM’s office.
- To coordinate and manage projects assigned to ensure implementation within agreed timelines and processes.
- To provide project support services in the management and execution of projects within the department.
- Track program resources on various one off and on going projects and gather information requiring discretion and a wide variety/depth of knowledge of Agriculture operations and procedures.
- Review the departmental cost center reports and budget lines and notify the GM’s office on expenditure trends.
- Prepare and consolidate the divisional reports e.g. Annual reports, weekly Management reports.
- Coordinate department's transport and accommodation logistics for events and projects
- Meeting and event preparation/coordination; schedule and coordinate meetings on behalf of the GM including contact with conference and event facilities.
- Responsible for project meeting, follow-ups, minutes, activity reports, correspondence, agendas and background information to the GM/ team of the parties scheduled to attend a meeting
- Assist new staff with program policies, procedures, guidelines, etc., during orientation.
- Degree in agriculture-based studies is preferred (A Diploma in secretarial studies an added advantage)
- At least 2yrs experience as PA or office administrator
- Strong exposure in project related roles or bushttps://safaricom.taleo.net/careersection/saf_external_professional/jobdetail.ftl?job=20000093&utm_source=MyJobMaginess analysis is an added advantage
- Strong communication, coordination and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Attention to detail with good organizational, planning, report writing and presentation skills.
- Proactive, confident, energetic with the ability to work under pressure, to tight schedules/deadlines and monitor and follow up on all actions taken.
- A proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.