Deputy Director-educational Broadcasting Services At Kicd
Deputy Director-educational Broadcasting Services At Kicd 1 PositionKenya Institute of Curriculum Development (KICD)
The Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development (KICD) was established by the Government of Kenya on the 14th of January 2013 under an Act of Parliament-Act No.4 of 2013, to provide research based curricula and curriculum support materials responsive to the needs of the society.
- Served in the grade of Assistant Director, Educational Media KICD Job grade 4 for a minimum period of three (3) years or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Media Studies, Media science, Mass communication, Education or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;6
- Master’s degree in Media Studies, Media science, Mass communication or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Leadership course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- At least five (5) years’ experience in education media/mass media
- Membership of a relevant professional body;
- Demonstrated managerial, administrative, and professional competence in work performance and results’
- Exhibited a thorough understanding of National goals, policies, objectives and ability to relate them to proper management of the Electronic Media Services; and
- Computer literacy;
- Fulfilthe requirements of chapter six of the Constitution.
- Overseeing the development of education broadcasting policy as it relates to electronic media;
- Initiating the development and review of long and short term goals for development of electronic media programs;
- Ensuring the designing of system procedures for electronic media curriculum support materials;
- Ensuring the development of programming and transmission schedules;(v)Spearheading research, monitoring and evaluation activities of electronic support materials;
- Building capacity for education media producers and artistes;
- Establishing networks, partnerships and collaborations in the development of electronic media curriculum support materials;
- Ensuring the development and maintenance of databank on all statistics pertaining to electronic media curriculum support materials and
- Initiating and facilitating teacher orientation, exhibitions, conferences and workshops.