Deputy Chief Of Party, Kenya At Population Council
Deputy Chief Of Party, Kenya At Population Council 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
In Kenya, the Council leads research and develops programs to reduce maternal mortality; build protective health, social, and economic assets for adolescent girls; reduce HIV transmission; respond to sexual and gender-based violence; address disrespect and abuse in maternity care; assess various service integration models; assess whether reproductive health voucher programs can help vulnerable populations access critical reproductive health services; and strengthen evidence for programs related to unintended pregnancy and unsafe abortion. The Council helped the Kenyan government develop its first population policy in 1966, and played a key role in establishing the Population Studies and Research Institute at the University of Nairobi. The Council initiated a regional capacity-building program that led to the formation of the African Population and Health Research Center in 1995, now a leading independent research institution. The Council sustains the Africa Regional Sexual and Gender-Based Violence Network, a coalition that meets annually to review best practices for strengthening and integrating medical and legal services for survivors of sexual violence.
The DCOP will oversee the Market Facilitation Team by providing leadership in building strategies for a sustainable and robust market and ensure an effective intersection of product offering, supply chain, sales and marketing approaches, and an efficient delivery system. In addition, they will provide mentoring and business advice, such as training, marketing assistance, introducing innovative technology, and facilitating access to financing options to help small businesses improve their performance. The DCOP also oversees the strengthening of supply chains to improve market-based sanitation products and services delivery; and will support and guide sanitation product design activities. The DCOP will focus on a market facilitation strategy that will institutionalize market facilitation approaches and business development support within government and private sector partners. The DCOP has deep experience developing small businesses and entrepreneurs in developing countries, building markets, a passion for and a deep understanding of sustainability, knowledge sharing, capacity building, and a positive and action-oriented attitude.
What are we looking for?
- Master’s Degree in Business, Management, Economics, Public Health, or related field;
- At least ten years experience, with seven years in a position overseeing the facilitation of market-based sanitation programs;
- Goal focused with experience in the development, implementation, and execution of plans to grow small and medium-sized businesses;
- Understanding of Kenyan sanitation sector desirable;
- Strong negotiation skills with a demonstrated track record of working with businesses and entrepreneurs;
- Creative thinker to see new routes to market and unique ways to develop existing opportunities;
- Knowledge and understanding of USAID relevant policies, goals, and strategies;
- Excellent diplomatic, oral/written skills and presentation abilities;
- Fluent in English (spoken and written);
- Citizen of Kenya;
- References will be required.
- The successful candadate will be required to pass a background check.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status, or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.