Depot Sales Assistant At Moko Furniture
Depot Sales Assistant At Moko Furniture 1 PositionMoko Home + Living
At Moko Furniture, we serve Africa’s rising class as they create homes that reflect their aspirations and desires. By developing original products and serving our customers in novel ways, we deliver unmatched value and a superior experience.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We are looking to add a customer-oriented and analytical Depot Sales Assistant to our Customer Engagement team, who will be able to provide high class customer service to our clients and build long-term relationships with them. You’ll be motivated by building relationships with a portfolio of long-term customers. You’ll take pride in keeping everyone’s accounts in order – making sure the dozens of clients you manage are fully stocked while keeping on top of their account payments. Finally, you’ll be eager to take on more responsibility and grow your career as part of our team.
THE ROLE IN BRIEF
Manage Client Accounts
- Take responsibility for placing orders as directed by your supervisor
- Manage customers’ payment (Cash, Mpesa, Bank deposits)
- Build long-term relationships with clients and service recurring order needs
- Provide all customer support required by the Depot clients
Handle Stock and Ensure Proper Maintenance of the Depot
- Receive, offload, store and ensure proper distribution and maintenance of stock
- Conduct weekly stock checks or at other required intervals from time to time
- Ensuring cleanliness, tidiness, and safety of the work environment
Network within the Industry and Identify New Clients
- Build and grow relationships within the furniture manufacturing industry
- Use industry networks and any other related means to generate new leads on an on-going basis
- Develop a strong understanding of competitors and competing products on the market
Present Products to Prospective Customers
- Pursue leads, research prospects, and make initial introductory calls
- Make product presentations which show an in-depth understanding of our products and the client’s needs
- Offer recommendations to your supervisor about the creditworthiness of new customers
- Close relationships and coordinate orders with our warehouse
CAREER GROWTH + COMPENSATION
Moko invests in building the capacity and skills within our team. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship from the management team. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for those who are ready to take up the challenge.
ARE YOU OUR DREAM CANDIDATE?
- You have at least 1-2 years’ experience in a role with sales or customer relations responsibilities
- You possess strong interpersonal skills and success developing productive professional relationships
- A mature professional who can comfortably relate with business owners and purchasing managers
- You have strong analytical skills and attention to detail— you have the ability to analyse customer statements and proactively identify and address issues with customer accounts
- You are proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- You are eager to join a quickly growing organization and team