Datacenter Engineer 1 PositionCasameza
- Job Purpose
Provide Planning, Designing, Implementation, Operation and Optimization of Datacenter services for a service provider network. Responsible for datacenter infrastructure operations and availability.
- Principal Accountabilities
- Participate in and lead complex Datacenter infrastructure (network, storage, and compute) design, implementation and migration, performance engineering or problem resolution projects.
- Solve complex, multi-functional issues that cross many technologies in network, server, storage, O/S, virtualization, consolidation, middleware, security, applications, operations, content switching, caching and/or content delivery networks, and security.
- Provides technical support during software and hardware upgrades.
- Deliver migration and deployment plans, with a thorough understanding on networked applications and related dependencies.
- Guide other consultants and engineers, resolving challenges and ensuring timely issue resolution.
- Participate in the out-of-hours on-call rotation providing expert and professional technical support to the business.
- Take the lead in escalations for high profile network and security incidents.
- Raise and implement Change Requests via the service management tool.
- Maintains architecture and design guideline documents and templates.
- Delivering detailed HLD documents and utilization reports.
- Responsible for capacity planning on datacenter networks, storage, and compute.
- Design and manage information/network systems
- Setup and operate common Linux and Windows OS servers
- Perform quality assurance testing
- Identify and resolve recurring issues
- Identify reliability risks
- Schedule and track hardware maintenance
- Update port maps and rack layouts
- Create operational procedures
- Provide technical support
- Manage data center assets and inventories
- Maintain proper documentation and reports for auditing and tracking purposes.
- Work with data center partners to understand and ensure facilities like cooling, fire suppression, UPS system, etc. are working properly and in accordance with business requirements.
- Conduct inspections on power and cooling systems to ensure they are operational and efficient
- To inspect power/cooling systems and identify as well as fix issues that may cause a problem in network performance.
- Monitoring and evaluating the servers as well as calibrate them and perform backups
- To ensure energy efficient systems by performing renovations.
- Carrying out accounts and systems administration by handling network file share rights as well as maintaining the operating systems.
- Troubleshoot network systems to diagnose and fix the performance issues
- Collaborating with the IT persons and other stakeholders in order to develop the action plans for improved operations
- Lead initiatives for the optimization as well as the restructuring of the network architecture.
- Support Network audit.
- Ensuring regulatory standards are met.
- Provide on-the-job training and guidance to colleagues in specific data-related tasks where appropriate.
- On-time reporting to direct Line Manager.
- Work on tasks assigned by Line Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Personal Attributes
- Self-driven with the ability to work independently.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- An excellent communicator with good interpersonal and team building skills
- Ability to handle critical customer issues in high pressure scenarios.
- Work independently and have the ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Work effectively with minimal direction or supervision for day-to-day tasks and communicate outcomes.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Fast-learning ability, willing to pick up new skills and technologies.
- Flexible and responsive to changing work demands.
- Tenacious and persistent.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience designing, deploying, configuring, supporting, trouble shooting, debugging, and administering datacenter networks, compute, and storage infrastructure.
- Good technical knowledge of the Data Center and its components: Applications, Storage, Network, Server, and projects surrounding their planning, design, implementation, operation, and optimization.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP stack and protocols.
- Knowledge of virtualization tools and concepts.
- Architectural knowledge of Three-Tiered application environments.
- In-depth knowledge of storage technologies: file (NAS), block (SAN), object storage, transport (FCoE, iSCSI, etc.), replication, backup, and performance.
- In depth knowledge of UNIX/Linux based operating systems and its derivatives.
- Rich experience in Data Center fabrics, virtual switching systems such as Catalyst 6K VSS, Nexus 7K vPC, Juniper Virtual Chassis, ICCP MC-LAG & Arista.
- Good knowledge of Data Center Interconnect techniques and approaches. Aware of the advantages and disadvantages of designs based on VPLS, EVPN, L2, L3 links and vendor-specific DCI technologies.
- Understanding of SDN concepts and Operations.
- Experience working with IT systems.
- Linux and Windows OS system administration experience.
- Network and power capacity planning experience.
- A solid understanding of network and data cabling.
- Hands-on experience in Data Center operations, familiarity with facility management, server hardware and network equipment.
- Familiar with Linux, Windows servers, and VMWare operating systems.
- Familiar with setup and configuration of the server, enterprise network, and SAN equipment.
- Possess knowledge of HVAC/CRAC, UPS, Battery and Generator systems is a plus.
- Have excellent knowledge about the infrastructures of the network, hardware deployments, etc.
- Educational Qualifications
University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Telecommunications, Electrical engineering, or a science field. CCNP datacenter, VCP/NSX certification, GCP, AWS, RHCSA/RHCA/RHCE or equivalent highly desirable.